Food & Drink Policy
The Cullom-Davis Library aims to provide not only resources but also a place for students and faculty of Bradley University to do research and study. We acknowledge that lengthy periods of study or research are exhausting and that nutrition and refreshments are both necessary and help ease exhaustion. This statement outlines the policy on food and drink in the library. It establishes guidelines for students, faculty, staff, and the general public to ensure that both the collection and equipment are protected from damage.
There is absolutely no food and/or drink allowed in any area near library computers and none in Special Collections. If food and/or drink is discovered in those areas, you will be asked to remove it or it will be taken away. Drinks are allowed elsewhere in the library as long as they are in a closed container. Drinks and light snacks (such as those found in the library vending machines; e.g. chips, cookies, candies, etc.) may be consumed on the Main (first) Floor, the second floor, the Lower Level and the Music Resource Center. Other types of food, i.e. sandwiches or salads, are limited to the first floor. To remain in compliance with the University's "Comprehensive Alcohol Action Plan" NO alcoholic beverages are allowed in the library.
- NO alcoholic beverages
- NO food and/or drink near Library computers
- NO food and/or drink in Special Collections Center
- Where drinks are allowed, they MUST be in a closed container
- Drinks and light snacks (such as those found in the library vending machines; e.g. chips, cookies, candies, etc.) may be consumed on the main (first) floor, the second floor, the Lower Level and the Music Resource Center only.
- Food, such as sandwiches, salads, etc., are limited to the Main (first) Floor
- Study Rooms are governed by the guidelines for the floor they are on: i.e., food only on first floor; snacks on other floors; drinks in covered containers on all floors, but not in Special Collections
- If you spill a beverage or have a food-related accident, it is your responsibility to clean it up or tell a staff member that there has been an accident
- Food deliveries may be made for scheduled meetings only, AND must have the written approval of the Library Director
- Personal food deliveries may only be transacted in front of the library or in the main entryway