Food & Drink Policy
The Cullom-Davis Library aims to provide not only resources but also a place for students and faculty of Bradley University to do research and study. We acknowledge that lengthy periods of study or research are exhausting and that refreshments can help to ease the exhaustion. This statement outlines the policy on food and drink in the library. It establishes guidelines for students, faculty, staff, and the general public to ensure that the collection and equipment are protected from damage.
Snacks, e.g. food from a vending machine, and drinks with lids are permitted in the library except in the areas designated by the Guidelines. In the designated areas where snacks are not permitted, the library staff will remove all food and drink. Also, to remain in compliance with the University’s “Comprehensive Alcohol Action Plan” NO alcoholic beverages are allowed in the library.
In order to protect the materials and equipment that are housed in the Cullom-Davis Library from damage related to food and drink, these guidelines are to be followed:
- NO alcoholic beverages.
- NO food and/or drink near computers.
- NO food and/or drink in Special Collections or Music & Sports Communication Resource Center.
- NO food deliveries unless it is for a scheduled meeting AND has written approval of the Library Director.
- Food is allowed only in/near The Stacks Cafe.
- If you spill a beverage or have some other kind of food related accident, it is your responsibility to clean it up or tell a staff member that there has been an accident.