Reserves Information for Students
How to Borrow Reserves Materials
You must have a valid Bradley ID Card to use the Reserves materials. Use the library catalog to locate the desired item. Give your Quick Card to the Reserves Desk student and the item will be charged to you according to the type of reserve you requested. The professor establishes reserve type. The date and time due will be stamped in the materials.
There are 5 categories of Reserves:
- 2-HOUR CLOSED: These items may be used for two hours within the Reserves Room only.
- 4-HOUR CLOSED: These items may be used for four hours within the Reserves Room only.
- 1-DAY: These items may be checked out and taken from the library and are due back at the same time the next day.
- 3-DAY: These items may be checked out of the library and are due at the same time on the third day.
- 7-DAY: These items may be checked out of the library and are due at the same time on the seventh day.
Reserves materials cannot be renewed. Materials must be returned when due to avoid fines. Closed Reserves may be checked out again after 2 hours, and 1-day, 3-day, and 7-day Reserves may be checked out again after 24 hours.
How to Return Materials
It is imperative that materials be returned on time so that they are available for all class members to use. All Reserves items must be returned to either the drop slot at the Reserves Desk or after hours in the outside drop slot by the front entrance. Items returned elsewhere may result in fines if the items are overdue when they reach the Reserves Desk.
|2-hour and 4-hour Reserves||$3.00 per hour fine.||Maximum fine --$30.00.|
||$2.00 per day fine.||Maximum fine --$30.00|
|3-day and 7-day Reserves||$1.00 per day fine.||Maximum fine--$30.00.|
Borrowing privileges will be suspended if: You owe $5.00 or more in overdue services charges.
Charges for lost items will include:
- Replacement costs
- $5.00 processing fee