The main library catalog provides information on all the materials that the library owns; videos, and music recordings, in addition to books.
I-Share is the shared catalog of the over 70 university and college libraries that belong to the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). You can use the I-Share catalog to see if books, videos or DVD’s are available for you to request to be sent here. (You use a different procedure to get copies of articles.) Items available in the I-Share catalog can be requested directly through a catalog link for delivery to Bradley at no charge.
Worldcat is the 3rd library catalog provided. Worldcat is catalog that lists what materials are available through thousands of libraries located all throughout the world. If a book, video or DVD is not available through the Bradley library or I-Share, then Worldcat has a built in form for borrowing the item through the interlibrary loan office.
- Art Abstracts 1984+. Indexes more than 600 key international arts periodicals and some other arts publications.
- ARTstor Contains half a million images pertaining to art, architecture and archeology. It provides software tools that enable active use of the collections as well as the ability to save groups of images online for classroom and research use. Faculty who need to create folders to share should contact Xiaotian Chen at 677-2839 or Chuck Frey 677-2823 for password.
- ARTstor Mobile
- CAMIO: Catalog of Art Museum Images Online
- Oxford Art Online Formerly Grove Art Online. One simultaneous user. Please try later if busy.
- Saskia digital image archive from Scholars Resource digital images of paintings, sculpture and architecture from collections including the Prado, the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the Uffizi, and the Louvre as well as archaeological sites in Greece, Italy, Turkey and Egypt.
- Art & Architecture Thesaurus Online Contains more than 125,000 terms covering "find art, archictecture, decorative arts, archival materials, and material culture."
- Dictionary of Art. Ref N31 .D5 1996. Also online as Grove Dictionary of Art. Articles by experts in the field, illustrated, with bibliographies. The index is in vol.34.
- Encyclopedia of World Art. Ref N 31 .E533 Comprehensive, excellent articles. Good bibliographies for further information. Excellent illustrations at the end of each volume. Separate index volume.
- Encyclopedia of Visual Art. Ref N25 .E53 1989 Well-illustrated coverage of art history, art works and styles. Several volumes of biographies. Index in last volume.
- McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Art. Ref N33 .M23 Many short articles. Well-illustrated. Art is covered comprehensively.
- Oxford Dictionary of Art. Ref N 33 .O93 Short entries. OK for quick reference on fine arts.
- Praeger Encyclopedia of Art. Ref N33 .P68 Longer articles than in the McGraw-Hill set. Good illustrations. Good index.
- Fine Arts. / Ehresmann. Z 5931 .E47 Gives reference books and history books by period and region. Annotations give user aids and evaluations.
- Art Books. / Lucas. Z 5931 .L92 A selective bibliography. Lists by author and artists' names. Topics in very broad historical area.