The main library catalog provides information on all the materials that the library owns; videos, and music recordings, in addition to books.
I-Share is the shared catalog of the over 70 university and college libraries that belong to the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). You can use the I-Share catalog to see if books, videos or DVD’s are available for you to request to be sent here. (You use a different procedure to get copies of articles.) Items available in the I-Share catalog can be requested directly through a catalog link for delivery to Bradley at no charge.
Worldcat is the 3rd library catalog provided. Worldcat is catalog that lists what materials are available through thousands of libraries located all throughout the world. If a book, video or DVD is not available through the Bradley library or I-Share, then Worldcat has a built in form for borrowing the item through the interlibrary loan office.
- Academic Search Complete General journal index of about 13,800 journals with about 9,000 journals in full text.
- BioOne Over 130 full-text bioscience journals published by small societies and non-commercial publishers. Date range varies.
- JSTOR Archive of scholarly journals. Most titles have 3-5 years moving wall, i.e., most recent 3-5 years not available.
- Scopus 1966+ A multidisciplinary journal index of over 14,000 peer reviewed journals in science, technology, medicine, and social science. It provides cited reference searching from 1996 to the present. It allows searching by authors' affiliation.
- American Museum of Natural History Scientific Publications Research in anthropology, zoological systematics, paleontology, evolution, and geology.
- Anthropology Tutorials
- Gene Gateway--Exploring Genes and Genetic Disorders A collection of guides and tutorials designed to introduce students and others to some of the many resources developed from the data that has resulted from the Human Genome Project.
- Linus Pauling and the International Peace Movement Collection of 500+ letters of correspondence, published papers, newspaper clippings, audio and video clips, pictures, and illustrations detailing Pauling's work to promote peace.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) A major repository of bioinformatics.
- Kimball's Biology Pages An encyclopedic dictionary of biology.
- Planet Ark Free global environmental news and information for environmentally conscious citizens.
- Profiles in Science: The Rosalind Franklin Papers Biographical information about Franklin details her early work on the molecular structure of coals, her contributions to determining the structure of DNA, and her final research locating the RNA in plant viruses. Correspondence from James Watson, Francis Crick, L. H. Gray, and Alexan der Rich is included.
- Dictionary of Ethology REF. QL 750.3 .I4513 1989 Provides definitions of the important terms used in the study of animal behavior and definitions of other biological terms that are frequently used in ethology.
- Ecological Restoration QH541.15 .R45 G14 2012
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics REF. QH332 .E52 2004
- Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia (17 vol.) REF. QL 7 .G7813 2003 This work provides a reference to the current knowledge on the whole of animal life. The text is arranged according to the classification of animals into naturally related groups. Each volume covers a broad group of animals as follows:
- Grzimek's Encyclopedia of Ethology REF. QL 751 .G8945 This one volume work provides a discussion of a wide variety of aspects of animal behavior including the senses, hormones, learning, courtship, parenting, and social behavior.
- Plant Cell Walls: From Chemistry to Biology QK725 .P4725 2011
- Routledge Handbook of Urban Ecology HT241 .R68 2011
- Short Guide to Writing about Biology REF. QH304 .P43 2007
- Sugar: A Bittersweet History TX560 .S9 A23 2000
- Grzimek's Encyclopedia of Mammals (Five Volumes) REF. QL 701 .G7913 1989 Provides a general description of mammal characteristics and specific descriptions of the various types of mammals.
- A Handbook of Living Primates: Morphology, Ecology, Behaviour of Nonhuman Primates REF. QL 737 .P9N3 Provides a scholarly reference on the functional morphology of primates and profiles of major groups which include information on ecology, habitat, behavior, and geographic range. Supplementary and comparative data are also included on taxonomy, habitat, and morphology.
- Mammals of Illinois REF. QL 719 .I2 H65 1989 Provides a detailed account of the mammals that are present in twentieth century Illinois with descriptions, comparisons, distributions including maps, life history, and ecological data.
- The Oxford Book of Invertebrates QL 362 .W46
- Living Fishes of the World REF. QL 615 .H45 A well-illustrated guide to fishes which emphasizes those groups not covered in other popular works.
- A Dictionary of Botany REF. QK9 .L735 Provides definitions of 3500 botanical terms which are written for students at all levels of expertise. Many of the definitions have been researched and rewritten from original sources.
- Flower and Fruit Morphology, Ontogeny, Phylogeny, Function and Ecology QK830 .L4413 2010
- Hortus Third: A Concise Dictionary of Plants Cultivated in the United States REF. SB45 .B22 1976 Identifies all species and varieties of plants that are cultivated in North America. Entries include the geographic spread, the use, and the methods of cultivation of each described plant. Common plant names are listed in the index with references to Latin names in the text.