The main library catalog provides information on all the materials that the library owns; videos, and music recordings, in addition to books.
I-Share is the shared catalog of the over 70 university and college libraries that belong to the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). You can use the I-Share catalog to see if books, videos or DVD’s are available for you to request to be sent here. (You use a different procedure to get copies of articles.) Items available in the I-Share catalog can be requested directly through a catalog link for delivery to Bradley at no charge.
Worldcat is the 3rd library catalog provided. Worldcat is catalog that lists what materials are available through thousands of libraries located all throughout the world. If a book, video or DVD is not available through the Bradley library or I-Share, then Worldcat has a built in form for borrowing the item through the interlibrary loan office.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Journals
- SciFinder Scholar User registration is required. First-time users please use your BU email to register at https://scifinder.cas.org/registration/index.html?corpKey=4BBB86B9-86F3-50AB-6682-44E8E802CFEB. One simultaneous user only. Please try later if busy. Use is limited to academic research by Bradley students, faculty, and staff only.
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Reactions. Ref QD 155 .J3 A single volume reference in the subject containing over 1100 articles. Most articles are signed and some contain references for further research.
- Chemical Synonyms and Trade Names. Ref TP 9 G28
- Dictionary of Chemical Terminology In Five Languages. Ref QD 5 .D49 Provides brief definitions of chemical terms, and then translates each term into German, French, Polish, and Russian.
- A Dictionary of Named Effects and Laws in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. Ref Q 123 .B3 1961 Provides brief definitions of effects and laws that are named after scientists who discovered them.
- Dictionary of Organic Compounds. Ref QD 251 .D49 1982 A comprehensive dictionary containing a molecular formula index, hetero atom index and Chemical Abstracts Service Registry Number index. This work represents a prime source for information on compounds.
- The Vocabulary of Organic Chemistry. Ref QD 291 .C55 1980 Presents the vocabulary that is unique to organic chemistry organized into chapters so that related terms appear in close proximity to one another.
- Chemical Technicians Ready Reference Handbook. Ref QD 61 .S58 1981 Provides instructions on all commonly used laboratory procedures. These instructions include: the equipment needed, how it is used in the procedure, the steps in the procedure, acquisition of the experimental data, cautions to be observed, and the data, observations, and calculations that may be needed to utilize the experimental data.
- CRC Handbook of Solubility Parameters and Other Cohesion Parameters. Ref QD 543 .B22 Provides tables and charts of solubility and other cohesion parameters which can be employed as one simple method of formulating and predicting the cohesive and adhesive properties of materials. Essays with references to original research are also included.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. Ref QD 65 .H3 Provides a single volume reference work of accurate data in the fields of chemistry and physics in condensed form. These data include mathematical tables, elements, organic and inorganic compounds, chemical data, and general physical constants.
- CRC Handbook of Chromatography. Ref QD 117 .C5 Z94 Contains 549 tables of chromatographic data expressed in terms of RF values, retention times, retention volumes, as well as other terms used in chromatography. A summary of the theory and practice of chromatography is also included.
- Handbook of High-Resolution Spectroscopy: Fundamentals and Theory. OVSIZE. QC 454 .H618 H36 2011
- Handbook of Spectroscopy. Ref QD 95 .H27 Provides a readily accessible source of information in all the major fields of spectroscopy. These fields include NMR, IR, Raman, UV (absorption and flourescence), ESCA, X-RAY (Absorption, diffraction, flourescence), mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, flame photometry, emission spectrography, and flame spectroscopy. The work provides some theoretical information, but is mainly dedicated to spectroscopic data.
- Handbook of Tables for Organic Compound Identification. Ref QD 291 .F82 1967 Covers compounds, dissociation constants for phenols, organic acids, and organic bases.
- Handbook of Chemical Property Estimation Methods. Ref QD 271 .L95 1982 A comprehensive handbook for estimating the physico-chemical properties of chemicals of environmental concern. It includes transport, properties, importance of the chemicals, and includes references, lists of symbols, and sources of data.
- Handbook of Organometallic Compounds. Ref QD 411.Y8313 Contains data and description of metals and a glossary of terms used in association with organometallic compounds.