Foreign Language Materials
To search foreign language books or DVDs, go to the Library Catalog, click on "Advanced Search" and select a certain language. Also, books in the Library are organized according to the Library of Congress Classification Schedules. Different foreign language materials are assigned different call numbers, which consist of letters and numbers. For example, PA is used for Classical languages & Literature, and PC for Romance languages. Listed below are selected foreign languages and their corresponding call numbers.
- Africana Languages = PL8000 - 8844
- Arabic = PJ6001 - 8517
- Chinese = PL1001 - 3207
- French = PC2001 - 3761
- German = PF3001 - 5999
- Greek = PA227 - 1179
- Hebrew = PJ4501 - 5192
- Italian = PC1001 - 1977
- Japanese = PL501 - 889
- Korean = PC901 - 998
- Latin = PA2001 - 2915
- Portuguese = PC5001 - 5498
- Spanish = PC4001 - 4977
- Russian = PG2001 - 3987
Reference materials are located on the first floor, and all circulating books are in the basement.
- ARTFL Project Over 2600 French texts from the 13th-20th centuries are included, ranging from classical works of French literature to various kinds of non-ficiton prose and technical writing.
- MLA International Bibliography 1926+. A bibliography of scholarship in literature, language, linguistics, and folklore. About 75% are language and literature journal articles.
- Oxford Language Dictionaries
Periodicals in paper format are on the 2nd floor and those in microfilm are in the basement.
- L'Express (current 4 weeks)
- Der Spiegel (1978---current)
- Kyklos: Internationale Zeitschrift fur Sozialwissejschaften (1970-1996 in paper and in microfilm)
- Monatshefte (1880-1943 in microfilm)
- EL PAIS (Newspaper current 2 months, magazine current 2 years)
- Hispania (Also available in microfilm)
- Revista Iberoamericana (1970-2013)