Philosophy and Religious Studies
The main library catalog provides information on all the materials that the library owns; videos, and music recordings, in addition to books.
I-Share is the shared catalog of the over 70 university and college libraries that belong to the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). You can use the I-Share catalog to see if books, videos or DVD’s are available for you to request to be sent here. (You use a different procedure to get copies of articles.) Items available in the I-Share catalog can be requested directly through a catalog link for delivery to Bradley at no charge.
Worldcat is the 3rd library catalog provided. Worldcat is catalog that lists what materials are available through thousands of libraries located all throughout the world. If a book, video or DVD is not available through the Bradley library or I-Share, then Worldcat has a built in form for borrowing the item through the interlibrary loan office.
- Philosopher's Index 1940+. Indexes over 560 journals from more than 40 countries in 30 languages. Covers all major fields of philosophy such as aesthetics, epistemology, ethics, logic, metaphysics, etc., and philosophy of related interdisciplinary fields such as education, history, law and religion.
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy Ref. B51 .R68 1998 This 10-volume work features signed articles by experts in the field, bibliographies, cross-references. The final volume contains the index and list of contributors.
- Oxford Dictionary of Philosophy Ref.B41 .B53 1994 Short, concise definitions of terms.
- Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy. Ref. B41 .C35 1995 Articles by experts (contributors are listed ). Table of logical symbols.
- Oxford Companion to Philosophy. Ref. B51 .O94 1995 Some brief articles, others more detailed, by known contributors. A chronology, various tables (e.g. of logical symbols).
- Masterpieces of World Philosophy in Summary Form. Ref. B21 .M3 1961 Capsule ideas. Summaries of major works.
- MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences. Ref. BF311 .M556 1999 Scholarly, lengthy articles on cognitive sciences, including psychology, neurosciences, linguistics, anthropology, and philosophy. Bibliography.
- Encyclopedia of Religion. Ref. BL31 .E46 A 16 vol. set, with long articles done by experts in the field. Bibliographies. Index and list of contributors in the last volume.
- Oxford Dictionary of World Religions. Ref. BL31 .O84 1997 Brief explanations for a vast variety of terms and concepts.
- Westminster Dictionary of Theological Terms. Ref. BR95 .M378 1996 Very brief definitions.
- Illustrated Encyclopedia of World Religions. Ref. BL80.2 .I43 1997 Attractive overview of some major religions.
- Historical Atlas of the Religions of the World. Ref. BL80.2 .F28 Historical approach to religions, illustrated, maps of origin and distribution of significant happenings in religions. Chronology.
- Contemporary American Religion. Ref. BL2525 .C65 2000 Signed articles, bibliography. Biographies of major figures only.
- Directory of African American Religions. Ref. BR563 .N4 E53 Listing of religious bodies, agencies, institutions, seminaries, scholars. Glossary of terms.
- Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church. BR95 .O8 1997 Many biographies, movements, bibliography. List of Popes and Antipopes.
- Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion. Ref. BM50 .O94 1997 Biographies, short explanations. Bibliography.
- Anchor Bible Dictionary. Ref. BS440 .A54 1992 Scholarly, detailed, critical articles regarding the Bible.