The minor in leadership studies is designed to provide students the information, experience, and opportunities necessary for them to gain an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of leadership. The interdisciplinary leadership studies program will integrate the many opportunities students currently have for leadership on the campus and in the community.
Students who elect to minor in leadership studies may declare their intention by completing the appropriate forms in the Associate Dean’s Office of the College of Education and Health Sciences.
A minimum of 18 semester hours is required for the minor: 12 hours of required courses and six hours of electives. Students must achieve a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all courses in the minor for official designation as a minor. The requirements for the minor are outlined below.
Required Courses (12 hours)
- EHC 200 Introduction to Leadership Studies - 3 hrs.
- EHC 300 Advanced Leadership Studies - 3 hrs.
- EHC 486 Leadership Practicum - 3 hrs.
- Three hours from: EHC 380 Independent Study and/or EHC 381 Seminar in Leadership - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (6 hours)
- BMA 352 Managing in Organizations - 3 hrs.
- BMA 357 Leadership & Interpersonal Behavior - 3 hrs.
- EHC 370 Human Relations Development - 2 hrs.
- EHC 375 Human Relations Laboratory - 1 hr.
- PHL 347 Ethics - 3 hrs.
- PLS 202 State & Local Government - 3 hrs.
- PLS 419 Introduction to Public Administration - 3 hrs.
- PLS 420 Public Personnel Management - 3 hrs.
- SOC 313 Race, Ethnicity, and Power - 3 hrs.
Total Hours: 18