New Mentor Application
Greetings prospective Peer Mentors!
Before you begin completing the application, here are some things you should be aware of:
- Your application will not be complete until we receive a faculty/staff recommendation form for you from the Bradley faculty/staff member of your choice. The faculty/staff member must be either a graduate student or professional, no Resident Assistants. (A link to the form will be provided at the end of the application for you to give to a faculty/staff member).
- Mentors are required to have a current cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- As a mentor, you will be expected to be available to help your mentee(s) move into their dorms. Move in day is the first opportunity you will have to meet your mentee. This is also a great chance for their family to see that they already have a great resource here at Bradley.
- Before the end of the semester, there will be a two REQUIRED Peer Mentor Training dates that you will be expected to attend. An Introduction/Training Retreat will be held on Saturday, April 20, 2013, and the second training will be held sometime in August prior to classes starting. The purpose of this training is to equip and prepare mentors for their roles, engage in teambuilding activities that are aimed to build relationships and enhance team morale, and lastly, brainstorm ideas for the Fall. Attendance is mandatory.
- Biweekly there will be 1-hour long mentor meetings that will provide a space for updates and event planning. The meeting will consist of solely mentees.
- Also once a month, mentors will individually meet with the program advisors. This provides an opportunity for the mentors to share any questions, comments, or concerns they have with regards to the program or their mentees. This also gives the advisors a chance to get to know the mentors individually and the mentors a chance to share more about themselves.
- Throughout each semester, mentors and mentees will be asked to complete interactions together that fall under the following categories:
- Academic Resources
- Campus Resource
- Leadership and Civic Involvement
After the applications have been reviewed, the prorgam advisors will contact applicants about the interview process.
- This application will close on February 22, 2013.
- Faculty/Staff recommendation forms are also due by February 22, 2013.
- Interviews will be conducted from February 27-March 6th, 2013.
Please send this faculty/staff recommendation form to one faculty or staff member that can speak on your behalf of the program. The faculty/staff member must be either a graduate student or professional (no Resident Assistants).