For all interviews:
- Talk to your RA/ARA for tips about the interview process
- Dress for success. It may be a factor in the decision to hire you!
- Be on time!!!
- BE YOURSELF!!!
For the Hall Director Interviews:
- Be ready to participate in a role-play situation
- Focus on your response to the situation, not the policies involved
For the Group Interviews:
- Be ready to work in a group to solve abstract problems
- Be ready to decide what characteristics make a good RA
- Be ready to creatively think about planning a floor program
For the Director Interview:
- Review your Application
- Know your strengths and weaknesses, and be ready to talk about them
- You can expect to be asked questions dealing with the following areas:
- Perceptions of the ARA roles: advisor, administrator, role model, programmer, floor supervisor, resource person.
- Skills needed to do the job: communications, human relations, organizational and leadership abilities.
- Personal quotes: awareness of various lifestyles and cultural differences, sensitivity to human needs, interest in others, readiness to relate to others, sense of responsibility, enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, flexibility, stamina, self-confidence, self-respect, ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Knowledge of the University and residence halls. It is extremely important that you be prepared for informational questions.