These parking regulations have been adopted by Bradley University. No liability is created by granting of parking or vehicle operating privileges on property owned, leased or controlled by the University. The University assumes no responsibility for the care or protection of vehicles or contents while operated or parked on University property.
I. Registration Fees
- All vehicles must properly display a valid permit on the first day of classes through the last day of finals.
- Full-time registration fee: Aug. - Oct. $50.00, Nov. - Dec. $40.00, Jan. -Feb. $30.00, Mar. - Apr. $20.00, May - July $10.00. Motorcycle fee: same as full-time registration fee.
- Student decal must be affixed to the outside of the lower left rear window. All exceptions must have prior approval.
- Faculty/staff decal must be hung from the rear view mirror.
- Freshmen who reside in residence halls are not permitted to park on campus without special permission. Contact the Director of Parking for exceptions.
- Faculty/staff students will be required to present their Bradley Quick Card and required vehicle information when applying for a permit.
- Replacement fee for fac/staff/student permits are $5.00 and can be purchased in the Parking Department. Students need to bring in old permit for new replacement.
II. Parking Areas
- Residence Hall students are required to park in the parking structure unless exempted.
- Faculty/staff lots are any blue lined or designated area.
- Commuter student lots are any white lined or designated area.
- General parking requires a current permit for faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- St. James students are only allowed to park in the St. James complex with a valid St. James permit.
- Violations and assessments will be assigned as follows:
- No valid permit on vehicle $ 15.00
- Valid permit not properly displayed $ 15.00
- No parking/loading zone $ 15.00
- No parking anytime/fire lane $ 15.00
- Parked over lines or in two spaces $ 15.00
- Restricted area $ 15.00
- Parking along curbs $ 15.00
- Backing vehicles into stall $ 15.00
- All moving violations $ 50.00
- Parking in handicapped space $ 200.00
- Tow fee $ 25.00
- Possession of lost, stolen or altered permit or use of:
Value of permit and revoked parking privileges remainder of permit year.
*This fee does not include the wrecker or storage fee.
IV. Payment Appeals
- Payment for all violations may be made in person or mailed to Controller's Office, Swords Hall, 1501 W. Bradley Ave., Peoria IL 61625.
- University violations must be appealed within seven (7) days of violation. Forms are available in the Controller's Office, University Police Office and Conference Facilities/ Parking Office. All Arbitration Board decisions are final.
The University Police are authorized to remove or impound at the owner's expense motor vehicles from University property. Any vehicle owner with six (6) or more unsatisfied parking citations will have the vehicle impounded anytime until all outstanding citations and charges have been satisfied. As a courtesy, legally parked vehicles found to have five (5) or more outstanding citations may have a tow warning affixed to the driver's side window. The owner/operator has 24 hours to clear all citations.
VI. General Information
- The Chief of Police and/or Parking Director may establish and enforce parking restrictions and regulations deemed necessary to the University. Prior to parking on campus, any vendors or visitors should check on parking with Conference Facilities/Parking Office.
- The person who purchases a parking permit will be held responsible for non-moving violations by any vehicle bearing that permit.
- All vehicles must be parked front end into a space. Parking along a curb is prohibited.
- All vehicles parked an campus must have valid license plates.
- Rental/substitute vehicles must have a temporary permit prior to parking on campus.
- The maximum speed limit on campus is ten (10) miles per hour unless otherwise posted. Pedestrians shall have the right-of-way at designated crosswalks at all times.
- Any vehicle displaying current permit may park in blue, yellow or white lined areas after 6:00 p.m. Vehicle must be moved to their appropriate parking area by 7:00 a.m. or unless otherwise posted.
- Failure of the University to strictly enforce any parking regulation shall not be construed as a waiver for future enforcement of regulation.
- Purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. Ownership of the parking permit remains with the University. Individuals are not allowed to transfer ownership.
- Parking regulations are in effect 24 hour, day. Parking permits are required from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with the exemption of St. James which is 24 hours, including weekends.
- Additional information on parking is available at the Conference Facilities/Parking or the University Police Office.
- This is an abridged edition of the complete booklet of rules and regulations for the Bradley University Campus. Additional information is available in the University Police Dept., 814 N. Duryea Place, or on-line at http:// www. bradley. edu/ parking/
- The Visitor Lot is only for guests to the University. Fac./Staff/Students are not allowed to park there.