Broadcast Engineering - Broadcast Engineer
Bradley University seeks a highly motivated professional for the position of Broadcast Engineer for the department of Broadcast Engineering. This position is responsible for all facets of technical support for WCBU-FM (NPR), WTVP-TV (PBS), as well as various related Bradley University projects.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduates and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention and challenge of a small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities. Visit www.bradley.edu to learn more about the University.
The Broadcast Engineer position reports to the Director of Broadcast Engineering, a part of Information Resources and Technology. Job duties include installation, maintenance and repair of WCBU-FM, WTVP-TV, Bradley Cable TV equipment and other related projects.
The ideal candidate for the position of Broadcast Engineer should be a self starter with the ability to prioritize, work under pressure and possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven technical experience with radio and TV station equipment, operation and maintenance
- Hands on experience in Information Technology repairing computers, installing software and harrdware, experience with servers, clients, networking routers, switches, hubs and computer systems
- Hands on experience in the construction, configuration, maintenance and operation of virtual machines, networks, NAS, RAID Arrays, LAN’s and VLAN’s
- Technical level experience with broadcast radio, television and microwave transmitters
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electronic circuits and systems
- Demonstrated ability to read and draw schematics, block diagrams and flow charts
- Experience working with fiber optics transmitters, receivers and patch panels
- Technical experience with Cable TV, closed circuit TV systems, design, installation and repair
- Experience in planning, consulting, reading blueprints and building construction projects
An associate’s degree or higher in electronics or related field, or equivalent technical training and experience is required. Candidates are also required to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain a CDL truck driver’s license. The successful candidate must be available to work on an “on call” basis some nights, weekends and holidays. This position requires the ability to lift equipment weighing 50 pounds. Preference will be given to candidates with radio and TV experience or a related industry. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, computer literacy, and written and verbal communication skills.
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter addressing how you satisfy the job requirements and resume, detailing work history and experience. References should be available upon request. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and review of applications will begin upon receipt.
Please submit applications electronically to: email@example.com
Or via direct mail to:
Search Chair, Broadcast Engineer
Rm 224B Jobst Hall
Peoria, IL 61625
Must be legally able to work in the
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.