Business Affairs - Director of Facilities Management
Bradley University seeks an energetic, highly motivated professional for the position of Director of Facilities Management.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduates and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention and challenge of a small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities. Visit www.bradley.edu to learn more about the University.
The Director of Facilities Management reports to the Vice President of Business Affairs and has oversight and responsibility for the administrative and operational functions of the Facilities Management Department including planning and construction, building maintenance, renovation and repair, utilities, grounds, custodial services and general facility services including safety, fleet management and facility contracted services. The Director of Facilities Management will directly supervise and mentor unit supervisors while overseeing approximately 130 employees. The Director of Facilities Management collaborates with the department supervisory staff and other campus unit personnel on the development and management of the department budget and the prioritizing of facilities modernization and maintenance activities. The Director will carry out all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Business Affairs.
- Oversee and manage the Facilities Department of Bradley University. Prepare, update and monitor departmental procedures and policies.
- Make assessments and recommendations related to employment levels to satisfy campus service requirements and use of contractors/consultants.
- Coach and develop supervisors and employees, providing regular feedback and clearly communicating performance expectations, including service excellence.
- Review and approve the purchase of departmental tools, equipment and materials. Prepare and monitor Facilities Management Department’s budget.
- Oversee the preparation of documents for the hiring of outside contractors, service providers and/or materials suppliers.
- Plan and contract for the purchase of university utilities (natural gas, electricity, water).
- Interact with faculty, staff, students, parents and other members of the Bradley constituency in a professional, informed and attentive manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture and/or Business Administration plus a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in Facilities Management. Ability to read and interpret complex construction specifications and blueprints. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, computer literacy, written and verbal communication skills are required. Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated use of tact and discretion in dealing with a wide range of constituents. Evidence of commitment to equity and diversity as well as standards of ethical conduct and safety. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Experience in plant or facilities management in a leadership/decision-making capacity at a research, academic or university environment preferred.
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter and resume. References should be available upon request. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and review of applications will begin upon receipt. Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
Please submit applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via direct mail to:
Vice President of Business Affairs
Facilities Management Search
Peoria, IL 61625
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.