Alumni Relations - Director
Bradley University seeks an energetic, highly motivated, talented professional interested in assisting with the leadership of project management and marketing for alumni relations.
The successful candidate will be equally skilled in volunteer development and communications best practices, particularly electronic communications. The director will collaborate with colleagues across campus to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advances the goals of the Bradley University Alumni Association. Additionally the director is responsible for the development of key social media, online community, and electronic communications strategies that drive alumni engagement and enhance alumni relationships with Bradley and the Alumni Association. This position reports to the Executive Director of Alumni Relations.
- Work closely with Bradley University Alumni Association Board to ensure quality professional development opportunities for our alumni, such as webinars, training, leadership events on and off campus.
- Lead strategic partnerships and collaborative relationships with University departments/units where needed in support of alumni relation initiatives (admissions, career center, development, etc.)
- Complete an average of 8 personal visits with potential alumni volunteers/donors per month.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a dynamic, clearly defined social media strategy that complies with marketing initiatives of the University. Plan, manage, and implement all social media activities. Effective social media strategies and tactics will support alumni engagement and produce measurable results. Collaborate with campus partners to ensure consistent and effective messaging.
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies to support growth of Bradley’s alumni online community, BUconnect.
- Create and publish monthly alumni e-newsletters, and manage departmental email communications in support of alumni events and activities.
- Provide leadership, as well as event support and direction to volunteer leaders and program participants.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, and nationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Homecoming, Alumni Weekend, Reunions, and other all-campus activities, as assigned.
- Provide stewardship for and recognition of alumni volunteers.
- Monitor progress of programs against planned outcomes.
- Develop and manage program plans and budgets.
- Meet quarterly with the Bradley University Alumni Association Board of Directors, provide staff support to assigned BUAA committee/s, and assist in the planning and organization of Board activities.
- With the Executive Director of Alumni Relations, plan and implement additional alumni programs which serve Alumni Relations and University initiatives.
Position requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years professional experience with preference given to those with alumni relations experience; experience utilizing online outreach and promotion using social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others to engage clients and/or volunteers; proven website and social media optimization skills; demonstrated skills successfully recruiting, organizing and motivating volunteers; strong analytical skills. Online marketing, advertising and public relations experience is preferred. Candidates must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Successful candidates will possess the following strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as high-level sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings; ability to work effectively with individuals from a variety of cultures; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects; flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with excellent follow through; ability to work independently as well as within a team environment; entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude and energy to implement new strategies and meet ambitious goals; strong organization skills, with keen attention to detail; demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs consistent with the alumni association strategic plan, and to ensure that programs effectively address agreed-upon objectives and priorities, operate within budget limitations, and comply with appropriate policies and procedures. Candidates must also be able to travel and work evenings and weekends.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position, current resume, complete contact information for three professional references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.