Student Affairs - Director, Student Support Services
Bradley University seeks a Director of Student Support Services; reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
The Director, Student Support Services will provide strategic leadership to the creation of the Student Affairs Title IX Coordinator position. The Director will be responsible for providing guidance to students in times of need. The Director will provide leadership to the Office of Parent Relations, including the University’s Parents Board. Additionally, the Director will collaborate with many areas across the University to assist and refer students, serve in an on-call and crisis management response capacity when needed, and coordinate special projects within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Provide guidance, direction, and advisement to students in need; show care, compassion, and concern to students.
- Coordinate and lead the activities, meetings, initiatives, and projects of the University’s Parents’ Board and provide leadership for the Office of Parent Relations.
- Serve as the Student Affairs Title IX Coordinator and create responsibilities associated with this role.
- Ensure compliance regulations laid out in Title IX legislation and state legislation related to sexual harassment or sexual misconduct; including investigation of complaints.
- Help ensure compliance within student affairs of new and changing legal policy.
- Serve on the Division of Student Affairs safety and security committee.
A Master’s degree and a minimum of three years of leadership experience within counseling, higher education administration, or a related field is required. Experience in working with students in sensitive cases and responding to emergencies is preferred. A successful candidate will have outstanding skills of communication, planning, and relationship building with constituencies.
Candidates should submit a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, current resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin on May 6, 2013, and continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size comprehensive, private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduates and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention and challenge of a small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities. Visit www.bradley.edu to learn more about the University.