Alumni Relations, Executive Director
Bradley University seeks candidates for the position of Executive Director of Alumni Relations. The Executive Director provides leadership for an alumni relations program that complements and supports the mission of Bradley University; is responsible for overall administration of the Alumni Relations Office, including strategic planning, fiscal management, staffing, and program development; serves as the Executive Director of the Alumni Association; assists the association's board of directors in strengthening the University's ties with its alumni; and is a key team member in the University advancement effort.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size comprehensive, private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduates and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention and challenge of small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities. Visit www.bradley.edu to learn more about the University.
- Coordinate collaboration between Alumni Relations and the Bradley University Alumni Association (BUAA) including executive committee meetings, committee work, and quarterly board meetings, alumni leadership summit, reunion and homecoming weekends and the various alumni recognition programs;
- Collaborate closely with the Development Office component of the Advancement Division;
- Refine Alumni Relations strategic plan, and align with operational and tactical department goals;
- Develop and implement communications/marketing plan;
- Coordinate the involvement of alumni and students in the development, planning, implementation, and management of comprehensive alumni programs;
- Develop strategy for strengthening Alumni Chapters;
- Coordinate department resource planning and team management;
- Develop metrics-based goal setting with analytics supporting department prioritization and performance management.
- A minimum of ten years of successful constituent relations required;
- Experience in comprehensive university alumni programming and management preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies, both internal and external;
- Proven results with driving constituent engagement through the use of social media;
- Demonstrated experience in working with budgeting, planning, resourcing, prioritization, leadership, and metrics/measurement based goal setting and performance;
- Proven experience with cross functional teams, and to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities;
- Proven understanding of turning friendraising into fundraising;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to relate to an ethnically diverse population.
A complete job description can be viewed at www.bradley.edu/humanresources. Send letter of interest with resume and complete contact information for three professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via direct mail to:
Executive Director of Alumni Relations
Hayden-Clark Alumni Center
Peoria, IL 61625
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.