Development - Associate Director
Bradley University seeks an energetic, highly motivated, donor focused, results-oriented fundraising professional with a professional track record of success. The fundraising environment at Bradley requires teamwork, a can-do attitude, perseverance, optimism and the ability to think strategically and creatively to achieve desired fundraising results.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size comprehensive, private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduates and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention and challenge of small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best universities. Visit www.bradley.edu to learn more about the University.
- Solicit gifts of $25,000 and above in support of University initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of 175 prospects ensuring that each receive regular and consistent moves toward solicitation and stewardship.
- Plan, develop, and oversee the implementation of cultivation and solicitation strategies for qualified major gift prospects.
- Work collaboratively with academic leaders and other development officers.
- Secure and conduct a minimum of 18 personal visits monthly to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward University donors and prospects.
- Meet dollar and activity metrics set by the Vice President for Advancement.
- Write timely follow-up and related materials such as contact reports, cover and thank you letters, e-mail correspondence, reports, briefings, and proposals in support of cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects.
- Track and record activities as they relate to assigned prospects using prospect management database.
- Participate as an active member of the Advancement Office, sharing information and collaborating with colleagues in a respectful and professional manner and contributing to a healthy and positive work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of Bradley University.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated successful skill and effectiveness in relationship building and solicitation of individual major donors.
- Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, both written and oral, as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with excellent follow through.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude and energy to implement new strategies and meet ambitious goals.
- High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion; proven ability to apply good judgment and responsible decision-making.
- Strong organization skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and donor database software.
- Willingness and ability to travel beyond campus community 50 percent of time to meet with prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree required; minimum of two years of professional fund-raising, higher education, sales experience, or relatable field or equivalent education
- Demonstrated record of professional achievement.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel as needed.
A complete job description can be viewed at www.bradley.edu/humanresources. Send letter of interest with resume, salary requirements, and complete contact information for three professional references to:
Associate Director of Development
Hayden-Clark Alumni Center
Peoria, IL 61625
Applications will also be accepted electronically by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.