Foster College of Business - Assistant Dean for Administration and Budget
The Foster College of Business seeks applications for Assistant Dean for Administration and Budget. The Assistant Dean is responsible for managing the budget and administrative personnel of the College. This position requires financial, personnel management, organizational, and project management skills. This individual reports to the Dean and works with department heads and center directors to manage budgets, supervise the academic and Dean’s support staff, and manage the College’s physical space.
Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduate and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention, and challenge of a small private college. Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation's best comprehensive universities. For additional information about the University visit www.bradley.edu.
- Oversee, manage and project the college budget (including all departments, programs and centers) with respect to their financial activities, including procurement, credit card transactions, and contracts.
- Prepare annual and monthly financial analysis and reports including profit/loss analysis and statements.
- Manage the College process for preparing and processing travel reimbursements check requests, inter-account bills, purchase orders, research awards, and external funding.
- Prepare reports utilizing advanced features of Word, Excel, and database software.
- Assist the Dean with confidential files and sensitive matters.
- Serve and the College liaison to the Provost’s and Controller’s Office.
- Serve as the supervisor for the academic and Dean’s support staff of the College.
- Provide leadership and advice to others in the College in their role as personnel supervisors.
- Manage hiring process for all appointments in the College, working with appropriate department chairs and center directors, including developing accurate position descriptions, and advertising for positions.
- Manage the College’s physical space, including coordinating with university facilities management personnel; oversees all renovation projects, and working closely with the Dean on office assignments and space allocation.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance checks on all College facilities; work with facilities department to maintain all areas in good condition.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize assignments concurrently with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability and skill to understand problems and then take the initiative to work independently to analyze, develop, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a College leadership team.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, or related field and experience in managing personnel, working with budgets and financial data are required. A master’s degree, at least five years of fiscal management experience, and experience in academia are preferred.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and complete contact information for three professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The search will open August 16 and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Bradley is contingent upon a successful completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.