Student Affairs - Director of Campus Recreation and Athletic Facilities
The Division of Student Affairs invites applications for the position of Director of Campus Recreation and Athletic Facilities. This position is primarily responsible for the facilities, programs, and staff that fall within Campus Recreation and Athletic Facilities and reports to the Executive Director of Student Involvement.
The Director of Campus Recreation and Athletic Facilities provides leadership to Campus Recreation and manages the Markin Family Student Recreation Center, the Markin Tennis Courts, the Meinen Field Outdoor Recreation Complex, and the Renaissance Coliseum. The Director manages all operations of the Markin Center including scheduling, hours of operation, scheduling of routine and non-routine maintenance, fiscal management, and supervision of staff. The Director oversees all recreational sports programs including intramurals, group fitness, and sports classes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all operations of the Markin Center, a 130,000 square foot state of the art Student Recreation Center
- Supervise two professional staff members who have responsibility over the Renaissance Coliseum, Meinen Field, Markin Tennis Courts, and intramural and club sports
- Responsible for prioritizing and granting final approval of all facility space requests
- Manage services, labor, and equipment needed to operate, maintain, and supervise the facility in a cost effective manner
- Oversee maintenance plan to maintain a significant number of fitness equipment, selectorized weight training equipment, and free weight equipment
- Develop, direct, and manage facility budgets
- Monitor compliance with operational policies and procedures
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate performance of student employees
- Work with University Risk Manager to prepare emergency response plans for the facility
- Work with University Police to provide security for facility and events when necessary
- Direct Group Fitness Program
- Manage and maintain a comprehensive Campus Recreation website to provide communication to Bradley students, faculty, staff, and perspective students
- Create and provide programming for special events including but not limited to 5K Runs and Welcome Back Week Activities
- Collaborate with other University departments and students to assist with Welcome Week, Family Weekend, Siblings Weekend, and other cross departmental projects and needs
A Master’s degree and 3 years of professional experience in recreation and athletic facilities is required. Successful candidates will possess strong leadership characteristics, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, the ability to problem solve and demonstrate sensitivity for cultural differences. Some night and weekend work is required.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications for the position, resume and complete contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin March 10, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size comprehensive, private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduates and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school and the quality, personal attention and challenge of a small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities. Visit www.bradley.edu to learn more about the University.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty, and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.