Smith Career Center - Director of Employer Relations
Bradley University seeks an energetic, highly motivated, results-oriented individual to lead employer relations responsibilities within the Smith Career Center. Bradley University is a private, independent university offering undergraduate and graduate programs in the liberal and fine arts, the sciences, business administration, communications, education, engineering, and the health sciences. A Bradley education emphasizes academic excellence, experiential learning and leadership development. Our residential campus of 6,000 students blends large school opportunities with a small school personality where there is a commitment to excellent teaching and personal attention to students.
This full-time, 12-month position reports to the Executive Director of the Smith Career Center. The Director of Employer Relations will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive employer development plan targeting employers with the strongest potential to hire Bradley University students for internship and full-time career opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop strategic objectives for employer services and job development.
- Lead a team in applying marketing strategies to attract new employers and retain current employers to recruit talent from Bradley University.
- Plan and conduct employer site visits, programs and special events as they relate to employer relations.
- Provide assistance to students and maintain effective relationships with the faculty in the Foster College of Business Administration.
- Provide career and job search advisement and instruction to students and alumni from the major fields of accounting, actuarial science, business management and administration, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, international business, marketing, and the MBA Program.
- Provide leadership and oversight of recruiting services including on-campus interviews and employer information sessions.
A Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and minimum of three years of experience in career counseling, career services, employer relations, human resources or related field is required. Qualified candidates must have own transportation in order to conduct employer visits.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following: superior skills in marketing, employer development, career advising, presentation development and delivery; excellent interpersonal interaction and organizational skills; ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people; strong computer aptitude including familiarity with Microsoft Office and online career resources; demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a team setting and ability to successfully manage multiple high level tasks.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing his or her qualifications for the position, current resume, and contact information for three professional references electronically to email@example.com.
Review of completed applications will continue until the position is filled.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
The Smith Career Center is a centralized career center providing services to undergraduates, graduate students and alumni with a long, rich history of providing a successful centralized cooperative education and internship program for all five academic colleges. The Center has an active campus recruiting program and hosts several career fairs each year. Visit the Smith Career Center (http://.bradley.edu/scc) website to gain more information about career services at Bradley University.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.