Enrollment Management - Admissions Representative or Assistant Director of Admissions
The Division of Enrollment Management invites applications for an energetic and highly motivated admission professional to assist in the process of recruiting and selecting new students for the University.
Admissions Representative’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Representing the University to prospective students and the general public with the highest degree of professionalism through an array of outreach programs and recruitment activities – this position will have responsibilities specific to working with students mainly from Northern Illinois and the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Traveling in and out of state (Northern Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota) for up to ten weeks per year to engage and inform prospective students and their families as well as develop positive educational partnerships and working relationships with high school and community college guidance counselors
- Advising prospective students and family members about admission criteria, financial assistance process and other critical factors in the college decision process
- Participating in a variety of projects and events related to student recruitment both on and off campus
- Reviewing and assessing applications and making university admission decisions
- Analyzing current and historical admissions results and trends within the geographic territory and develop and implement strategies to surpass enrollment goals
Candidates for these positions must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Those with previous admissions experience will be strongly considered. Candidates with more than three years of experience in admissions will be considered for the classification of Assistant Director. This position is based out of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in Peoria, IL.
Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in Central Illinois. With 5,000 undergraduate and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with more than 130 programs in five colleges, plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention, and challenge of a small private college. Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities.
Due to the nature of this position, evening and weekend work can be expected throughout the year, especially during the fall and spring. Candidates should also be prepared to travel overnight based upon the geographic territory assigned and must possess a valid US driver’s license. While the majority of the work is done sitting or standing, the ability to lift boxes weighing up to 40 pounds is also necessary. Candidates may need to access Non-ADA compliant buildings. Candidates must demonstrate strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to work independently and within a team environment; possess strong analytical and independent decision making ability; as well as the ability to work with a diverse population. Working knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter that addresses the qualifications of the position, resume and complete contact information for three professional references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via direct mail to:
JoAnn Homann, Admissions Office
Peoria, IL 61625
To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received by Thursday, July 18, 2013. While the review of applications will begin immediately, applications will be accepted until position is filled. Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.