Student Affairs - Executive Director, Smith Career Center
Bradley University seeks an Executive Director for the Smith Career Center; reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
The Executive Director, Smith Career Center will provide strategic leadership on campus and be a forward-looking representative to current and prospective employers and other key constituents. The Executive Director has administrative oversight of Bradley University’s comprehensive career center including career services for students and alumni, employer relations and job development, career fairs and campus interviews, a post-destination study of graduates, the Marjorie and Bill Springer Center for Excellence in Internships, the America Reads Tutoring Program, and Employer Testing Services. Core focuses of the Executive Director will be on employer relations and development; communication and collaboration amongst constituents; providing strategic leadership and resource alignment; and supporting students’ goals and aspirations.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the career center. Prepare comprehensive annual plans and assessment plans (including progress, alumni employer, and comparative data metrics).
- Lead employer development activities; including identification and pursuit of prospective employers and relationship building with current employers. Chair the Smith Career Center Employer Advisory Board.
- Lead all career services provided to undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, and employers related to full-time positions, internships, and part-time employment.
- Enhance the performance of eight professional staff, five administrative support staff, and a student peer advisor team; provide on-going professional development and training as is appropriate.
- Be active in the national discussion on trends in employer recruitment, career planning, job search strategies, and hiring.
- Develop and exercise faculty outreach programs and maintain frequent interaction with academic deans.
- Manage operating, gift, and endowment accounts.
- Collaborate with student affairs, enrollment management, alumni relations, and development staff.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of leadership experience in career counseling, career services, student affairs, human resources, or a related field is required. A Master’s degree and seven plus years of related experience are preferred. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of progressive responsibility within career and employer development. Candidates must have outstanding skills of imagination, communication, planning, leading a complex organization, and relationship building with constituencies.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, current resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size comprehensive, private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduates and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention and challenge of a small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation’s best comprehensive universities. Visit www.bradley.edu to learn more about the University.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty, and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups. Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.