Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Service - Director
Bradley University seeks a Director of the Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Service. The Director reports to the Executive Director of Residential Living and Leadership.
The Director of the Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Service serves as the liaison between Bradley University and Peoria communities in an effort to promote leadership and volunteerism among the students of Bradley University. The Director is primarily responsible for advising the Fellows Program (a four-year scholarship, leadership and service program); instruction, advising and coordinating aspects of the University’s Minor in Leadership Studies; advising and coordinating Service on Saturday (a monthly program); and advising a variety of leadership and student service organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advise the Bradley Fellows Program (60 total students); including selection, orientation, and mentoring members throughout their four-years in the program.
- Work with community volunteer agencies to coordinate volunteer opportunities throughout campus and community including the Service on Saturday program.
- Organize and oversee TEAM Bradley, a weekend leadership retreat for emerging student leaders. Advise LINCS (a senior leadership experience), who create programming for TEAM Bradley and across the University and
- Serve as an instructor and co-advisor of the Minor in Leadership Studies with the Department of Leadership in Education, Human Services and Counseling; recruiting students and instructors, course development,a nd operations of the Minor.
- Manage an operating budget and work to continually seek outside funding sources.
A Masters degree in a professionally related field, completed prior to the candidate’s first day of employment is required. At least two years of experience in advising student organizations and/or working with leadership and volunteer service programs are preferred. Successful candidates will posses strong leadership characteristics, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, have the ability to problem solve, and have a willingness to work nights and weekends.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter addressing the qualifications for the position, current resume and complete contact information for three professional references electronically to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin April 29, 2013 and continue until position is filled.
Founded in 1897, Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located on a 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduate and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences as well as programs in communications, business, engineering, education and the health sciences plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention, and challenge of a small private college. With over 60,000 alumni, Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation's best comprehensive universities. For additional information about Bradley University please visit www.bradley.edu.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups. Employment with Bradley University it contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.