University Communications - Senior Writer
POSITION TITLE: Senior Writer
RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the President
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have excellent written, editing, and research skills; strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work on multiple writing projects simultaneously and meet deadlines; work quickly under pressure and work well in a team environment. Must possess a high degree of personal integrity and ethics, ability to work with sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications, or related field that emphasizes solid writing and presentation skills is required. Three or more years of writing experience, including speech writing, in a professional setting and public speaking experience are preferred.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Write engaging and effective communications and meet deadlines.
• Research and write speeches for president and other administrators on a variety of
topics as they relate to
Bradley University, , and higher education in general. Peoria
• Write personal correspondence for president and other administrators including thank you and congratulatory notes, letters of recommendation, citations, and others correspondence as assigned.
• Become well-informed about pertinent and current issues involving the University, Peoria, central Illinois and higher education.
• Work closely with associate vice president of marketing to ensure accuracy of message, voice, and tone of speeches and correspondence.
• Provide to presenter an understanding of audience: size, demographic make up, background of the organization, and details on the venue: size of room, podium, seating arrangement.
• Provide writing and editing support for campaign communications, public relations, university website, and university publications as time permits.
• Works with university personnel to ensure that proper audio support and speaker’s podium are in place for presentations on campus and at other venues.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Bradley University is a top-ranked, medium-sized, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in Central Illinois. Detailed information about Bradley University may be found at www.bradley.edu.
Position is available immediately.
Candidates for this position should be prepared to work after hours and on weekends, as is necessary to complete assignments satisfactorily and meet deadlines.
The office is located in the main administration building on campus that is not elevator accessible.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, complete contact information for three professional references and a minimum of three writing samples electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.