Center for Student Support Services - Executive Director
Bradley University is a private, independent university offering undergraduate and graduate programs in the liberal and fine arts, the sciences, business administration, communications, education, engineering, and the health sciences. Our residential campus of 6,000 students blends large school opportunities with a small school personality where there is a commitment to excellent teaching and personal attention to students. Bradley's comprehensive programs offer an effective integration of liberal education, professional preparation, and personal and social development.
The Executive Director of the Center for Student Support Services provides administrative oversight to the Center for Learning Assistance and to Division Research, and administers the Office of Student Accessibility, Student Veterans Support Services, Off-Campus and Non-Traditional Student Services, Student Affairs Intern Programs, Office of Parents Assistance, and Student Retention Programs. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Master’s degree, doctorate preferred
- Significant experience in student services in higher education with evidence of increasing responsibilities or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience administering parent programs, student organizations, student veterans, commuters, and nontraditional students
- Ability to interact with faculty, staff, administrators, and external constituents
- Experience advising students with sensitive cases and responding to emergencies
- Evidence of creating and managing student retention programs, monitoring retention rates, and creating summaries for reports
- Knowledge of ADA laws and experience assisting students with disabilities
- Ability to design and manage special projects and willing to accept responsibility for new initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Available for programs in the evening hours and weekends
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should submit a cover letter addressing his or her qualifications for the position, current resume, and complete contact information for three professional references electronically to:
Search Committee Chair
Student Support Services
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.