Electrical and Computer Engineering - Assistant Professor
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level. The appointment will be effective starting in August 2013.
Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduate and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention, and challenge of a small private college. Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation's best comprehensive universities. For additional information about the University visit www.bradley.edu.
The ECE Department offers a design-oriented, project-based, and lab-intensive undergraduate program leading to a BSEE degree as well as a graduate level program leading to an MSEE degree. The ECE Department is currently implementing a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum transformation that enables students to pursue focused interests in the junior year through elective laboratories in faculty research areas. These laboratories provide the basis for professional senior capstone projects. Supporting the curriculum improvements, the engineering facilities are in line to be renovated and expanded within the next five years. The ECE Department has 11 faculty members, 130 undergraduate students, and 40 master's students, which provides a friendly collegial working environment. Further information regarding the department is located at http://ee1.bradley.edu/.
Candidates, at minimum, must meet these requirements:
- earned a PhD and a BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering,
- research record and course work that matches area of interest,
- strong commitment to teach students at the undergraduate and graduate levels with a primary emphasis in undergraduate engineering education,
- capable of designing and conducting experiments in a laboratory setting,
- capable of advising senior/graduate projects, and
- capable of integrating area of expertise into our curriculum through elective courses and laboratories.
The ECE Department is seeking an individual to augment our faculty expertise while solidifying and complementing our core curriculum. Specifically, the ECE Department seeks an individual with expertise in one of the following areas. (However, candidates with excellent teaching credentials will be considered if area of expertise aligns with one of the ECE department core areas):
- Computer organization and architecture expertise with preference given to individuals having experience in applying their expertise to embedded and reconfigurable systems in communications, controls, or robotics.
- Modeling and applied control expertise with preference given to individuals having experience in applying their expertise to physical dynamic systems.
Qualified candidates should send a letter stating their area of interest (1 or 2), a complete vita, teaching philosophy and research statement, a list of completed graduate course work, and complete contact information for five professional references to email@example.com via email as PDF attachments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check. Candidates must be able to effectively communicate with Bradley University students and faculty.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.