July 25, 2013
At approximately 7:25 p.m. Bradley University Police and City of Peoria Police responded to a reported robbery in the 1600 block of Bradley Avenue between Clarissa Court and Cooper Street. A suspect approached three victims, pushed a victim to the ground and removed property from two victims. No weapon was displayed or implied. The suspect fled westbound on foot. The suspect was described as a black male with a dark complexion approximately eighteen to twenty years of age, 6'0" tall, with a thin build and mustache, wearing black and red "Jordan" basketball shorts and a red hooded sweatshirt. No one was injured. Bradley and Peoria police searched the area but did not locate the suspect. An investigation is continuing.
If anyone witnessed this incident or has further information, they are asked to contact Bradley Police Department at 309-677-2000 or the Peoria Police Department at 309-673-4521.
All Bradley University students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are reminded to:
- Report suspicious people immediately to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- Do not leave your property, vehicles, homes or residence hall rooms unsecured.
- Use the Bradley Police Department escort programs by calling 309-677-2000.
- Walk in pairs or groups, especially during the evening and night.
- Always remain aware of your surroundings.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones on a high volume.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys or parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact the Bradley Police Department.
- If approached, give up your property.
A safety alert is a means to notify students, faculty and staff about incidents that represent a serious or continuing threat to the campus, based on the nature and location of the incident.