March 7, 2012
Bradley University police and the City of Peoria police responded to an armed robbery at approximately 5:45 a.m. on Wednesday, March 7, in a parking lot in the 800 block of Moss Avenue. A female student was approached by a male suspect who displayed a pocket knife and demanded money and jewelry. The victim turned over her money and jewelry and then notified the Bradley University police a short time later. The victim was not injured. Bradley and Peoria police searched the area but did not apprehend any suspects. An investigation is continuing.
The suspect is described as a male, 5’7” to 6’0”, wearing dark clothing with a large hoodie covering his face.
If anyone witnessed this incident or has further information, they are asked to contact Bradley Police Department at 309-677-2000.
All Bradley University students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are reminded to:
- Report suspicious people immediately to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- Use the Student Patrol or Bradley Police Department escort programs by calling 309-677-2000. Programs operate during evening and night hours.
- Walk in pairs or groups, especially during the evening and night.
- Always remain aware of your surroundings.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones on a high volume.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys or parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact the Bradley Police Department.
- If approached, give up your property.