April 13, 2012
Bradley University police and the City of Peoria police responded to a burglary this morning at a residence near the intersection of Bradley and Glenwood avenues. During the early morning hours, an unknown person entered the residence through an open window and then removed property. No one was injured. An investigation is continuing.
All students and staff are reminded that despite the warm weather, they should keep their residence windows and doors locked.
If anyone witnessed this incident or has further information, they are asked to contact the Bradley Police Department at 309-677-2000.
Additional Safety Precautions
All Bradley University students, faculty, staff, guests and visitors are reminded to:
- Report suspicious people immediately to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- Do not leave your property, vehicles or homes unsecured.
- Use the Student Patrol or Bradley Police Department escort programs by calling 309-677-2000. Programs operate during evening and night hours.
- Walk in pairs or groups, especially during the evening and night.
- Always remain aware of your surroundings.
- Do not become distracted by talking on your cell phone or listening to music through headphones on a high volume.
- Travel on well-lit, busy streets and avoid walking through alleys or parking lots.
- Be aware of places along your path of travel that could conceal a criminal (shrubbery, building recesses, etc.). Avoid or keep a distance from these areas whenever possible.
- Take note of suspicious vehicles, especially those that appear to be circling the block or driving unusually slow. If you observe a suspicious vehicle, relay its description and location to the Bradley Police Department by calling 309-677-2000 or using one of the emergency blue light phones on or near campus.
- If you think someone is following you, cross the street, head for a well-populated, well-lit area and contact the Bradley Police Department.
- If approached, give up your property.