America Reads Tutoring Program Application
Guidelines for the America Reads Tutoring Program
- Each student should be prepared to begin at the scheduled time.
- Please contact the Smith Career Center at (309) 677-2510 by noon, if you must cancel your child's tutoring session. Frequently missing tutoring sessions may result in dismissal from the program.
- Students are expected to bring appropriate school and study materials and supplies with which to work. The America Reads program has a small library of children's books, which can also be utilized during the tutoring session.
- Either release your child directly to his or her tutor (tutors often wait in front of the Smith Career Center for their students), or walk your child into the Smith Career Center to verify that the tutoring session has not been unexpectedly canceled.
- In some instances, a qualified substitute tutor may be assigned to your child to cover the tutoring session.
- Students are expected to display appropriate behavior and show respect to other students, staff, and tutors. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the program.
Tutoring will begin on September 15, 2014. You will be notified of your child’s tutoring session days, times and tutor’s name(s), and will also receive a map and finalized calendar for the fall. Thank you for applying to the America Reads Tutoring Program at Bradley University!