Part-Time Employment Expo Information for Students
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
10:00am - Noon
Held in Bradley's Renaissance Coliseum
Bring your Bradley ID! Registration begins at 9:45am
Come to meet on-campus and off-campus employers and interview on the spot!
How to Prepare
- Bring your Bradley University ID card.
- Bring your class schedule and a pen.
- Bring several copies of the Generic Job Application. This will save you time at the Part-Time Employment Expo as many employers will accept this from you as an application.
- Dress neatly; first impressions do count! Dressing in Business Casual attire will give a great first impression and help you stand out!
- Know which employers will be in attendance and what jobs they are advertising.
- Keep an open mind. Speak with at least 5 employers (10 is even better!). There are many applicants and speaking to more employers will increase your success rate for finding employment.
- Some off-campus employers prefer to see your resume, especially if you are an upperclassman applying for an internship. If you have one, bring several copies of your Resume.
What is Federal Work-Study?
The Federal Work-Study Program provides federally-funded opportunities for on-campus jobs for undergraduate and graduate students. Eligible students are determined by the FAFSA.
With Work-Study, how much will I make?
Students awarded Work-Study work on-campus for 8 to 10 hours per week at minimum wage, earning about $2,000 per year. Paychecks are issued bi-weekly.
With Work-Study, am I allowed to work as many hours as I want?
No. The amount you earn can't exceed your total Federal Work-Study award. When assigning work hours, your employer will consider your class schedule and the expectations of your academic program.
Are there on-campus jobs available for students without Work-Study?
Yes, we will signify at the Part-Time Expo which jobs are only for Work-Study students and which jobs are available for all Bradley students.
More questions about Work-Study?
Contact Student Financial Services