Part-Time Employment Expo Information for Students
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
10:00am - Noon
Bradley University Renaissance Coliseum
Bring your Bradley ID! Registration begins at 9:45am
Come to meet on-campus and off-campus employers and interview on the spot! Please note that on-campus positions are very limited, so prepare and dress well to stand out among other candidates. Many off-campus employers can be reached on the Peoria bus line; if you do not have a vehicle, look into CityLink and be open to these off-campus opportunities.
How to Prepare BEFORE the Expo:
- Download the PDF of attending employers.
- To view details of the job listings:
- Log in to Bradley netWORK (use your BUnetID and password)
- Begin by updating your profile with the required information
- Click on “Fairs, Events & Workshops” and then click on “15FA Part-Time Employment Expo”
- Using the link titled “View Employers Attending”, you can:
- Review the employers who will be in attendance
- Click on an employer and view positions for which they will be hiring at the Expo
On the DAY OF the Expo:
- Bring your Bradley University ID card.
- Bring your class schedule and a pen.
- Bring several copies of the Student Contact Information Form. This may save you time at the Part-Time Employment Expo.
- Dress neatly; first impressions count! Dressing in business casual attire will give a great first impression and help you stand out.
- Know which employers will be in attendance and what jobs they are advertising.
- Keep an open mind. Speak with at least 5 employers (10 is even better). There are many applicants and speaking to more employers will increase your success rate for finding employment.
- Some off-campus employers prefer to see your resume, especially if you are an upperclassman applying for an internship. If you have one, bring several copies of your Resume. Click here to schedule a phone appointment with David Schwartz to strengthen your resume.
What is Federal Work-Study and am I eligible?
The Federal Work-Study Program provides federally-funded opportunities for on-campus jobs for undergraduate and graduate students. Eligible students are determined by the FAFSA. More questions about Federal Work Study? Contact Student Financial Services
Are there on-campus jobs available for students without Work-Study?
Yes, we will signify at the Part-Time Expo which jobs are only for Work-Study students and which jobs are available for all Bradley students.