Part-Time Employment Expo Information for Students
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
10:00 a.m. - Noon
Bradley University Renaissance Coliseum
Bring your Bradley ID! Registration begins at 9:45 a.m.
Come to meet on-campus and off-campus employers and interview on the spot! Please note that on-campus positions are very limited, so prepare and dress well to stand out among other candidates. Many off-campus employers can be reached on the Peoria bus line; if you do not have a vehicle, look into CityLink and be open to these off-campus opportunities.
How to Prepare BEFORE the Expo:
- List of employers and event map.
- To view details of the job listings: (available August 20, 2016)
- Log in to Bradley netWORK (use your BUnetID and password)
- Update your profile with the required information
- Click on “Fairs, Events & Workshops” and then click on “2016 Part-Time Employment Expo”
- Using the link titled “View Employers Attending”, you can:
- Review the employers who will be in attendance
- Click on an employer and view positions for which they will be hiring at the Expo
On the DAY OF the Expo:
- Bring your Bradley University ID card.
- Bring your class schedule and a pen.
- Bring a few copies of the Student Contact Information Form. This may save you time at the Part-Time Employment Expo.
- Dress neatly; first impressions count! Dressing in business casual attire will give a great first impression and help you stand out.
- Know which employers will be in attendance and what jobs they are advertising.
- Keep an open mind. Speak with at least 5 employers (10 is even better). There are many applicants and speaking to more employers will increase your success rate for finding employment.
- Some off-campus employers prefer to see your resume. If you have one, bring several copies of your Resume. Click here to schedule a phone appointment with David Schwartz to strengthen your resume.
What is Federal Work-Study and am I eligible?
The Federal Work-Study Program provides federally-funded opportunities for on-campus jobs for undergraduate and graduate students. Eligible students are determined by the FAFSA. More questions about Federal Work Study? Contact Student Financial Services
Are there on-campus jobs available for students without Work-Study?
Yes, we will signify at the Part-Time Expo which jobs are only for Work-Study students and which jobs are available for all Bradley students.
If you need special accommodation(s) to attend this event, please contact Joe Battelline in the Smith Career Center (309-677-2510). Please allow sufficient time to arrange for accommodation.