Subcommittee 2 - Accreditation and Programmatic Requirements
- Molly Cluskey, Nursing, EHS, Chair
- Jenny Gruening, Director of Institutional Improvement, liaison to steering committee
- Charles West, Business Management & Administration, FCB, liaison to SC 1
- Wayne Bosma, Chemistry & Biochemistry, LAS
- Pat Bower, Transfer Admissions
- Cindy Brubaker, Nursing, EHS
- Jean Marie Grant, Teacher Education, EHS
- Seth Katz, English, LAS
- Andrew Kelley, Philosophy, LAS
- Julie Reyer, Mechanical Engineering, EGT
- Nickie Roberson, Enrollment Management
- Robert Rowe, Art, CFA
- Subcommittee #2 shall:
- Identify program specific accreditation criteria or curricular requirements with regard to general education requirements.
- Compile the specifics of the general education requirements applicable to the programs identified in (A) as well as the HLC general education mandates.
- Compile the general education transfer guidelines, including IAI, for new and continuing students.
- Compile the requirements applicable to earning general education course credit through AP, IB, dual-credit courses from high school transcripts, and CLEP.
- Subcommittee #2 shall analyze compiled data to:
- Identify general education curricular components common to programmatic accreditation or curricular requirements.
- Identify inconsistencies in the general education requirements among programs.
- Determine the flexibility needed in general education requirements to accommodate specialized programmatic accreditation or curricular requirements.
- Subcommittee #2 shall submit:
- The inventory summarizing accreditation and programmatic constraints (data from 2.A) to programmatic accreditation experts by midterm Fall 2012 semester.
- The inventory to the GESC by the end of Fall 2012 semester.
- Submit a report on its findings and recommendations (data from 2b and c) to the GESC in the first quarter of 2013.
- Subcommittee #2 shall review general education revision plans as they develop, and ensure that the plans are consistent with accreditation guidelines. They will also alert programs and/or departments (see 1.E) that will be significantly impacted by proposed changes to the general education program.
- Subcommittee #2 shall consist of a representative from each college appointed by their Dean, a representative from admissions/transfer admissions, a member of the General Education Subcommittee, the Director of Institutional Improvement, and other appointees as deemed necessary. The subcommittee chair will be selected by the subcommittee, and a member of the Steering Committee will act as liaison between the subcommittee and the Steering Committee.
Comments & Questions
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the work of this subcommittee, please visit the Comments & Questions section of this website.