Subcommittee 4 - Models of General Education, Curriculum and Instruction
- Meg Frazier, Library, Chair
- Dean Cantu, Teacher Education, EHS, liaison to Steering Committee
- Jobie Skaggs, Counseling, EHS, liaison to Steering Committee
- Michelle Fry, Chemistry, LAS
- Alexander Hertich, Foreign Languages, LAS
- Jackie Hogan, Sociology, LAS
- Jana Hunzicker, Teacher Education, EHS
- Bob Fuller, Religious Studies, LAS
- Dennis Kroll, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering, EGT
- Margaret LeJeune, Art, CFA
- Joshua Lewer, Economics, FCB
- Aurea Toxqui, History, LAS
- Kara Wolfe, Hospitality Leadership, EHS
- Subcommittee #4 shall:
- Review/research historical and current models of general education that have been integrated into the undergraduate curriculum at private colleges and universities across the United States.
- Identify models of general education that are consistent with the mission, vision, and core values of Bradley University.
- Compare and contrast the strengths, weaknesses, curricular requirements, instructional demands, and resource needs of the models of general education identified earlier that appear to have the greatest utility for undergraduate education at Bradley University.
- Determine the components of the aforementioned models that are best aligned with the goals, objectives, and expectations of undergraduate education at Bradley.
- Work closely with Subcommittee 3.
- Subcommittee #4 shall analyze compiled data to:
- Summarize curricular and instructional models that inform the general education review/revision process at Bradley University by the end of Fall 2012. The Steering Committee will provide input from the discussions with the other subcommittees and provide guidance.
- Recommend the general education model – i.e., conceptual framework, curriculum (scope and sequence), program requirements, and instructional delivery—that best prepares undergraduate students at Bradley University to meet the demands of, and achieve success in, the twenty-first century by the end of Spring 2013.
- Subcommittee #4 shall submit:
- An evaluation of models of general education by the end of Fall 2012 semester.
- A recommendation for a general education model for adoption at Bradley University by the end of the Spring 2013 semester.
- Subcommittee #4 shall work with the other subcommittees and the members of the University Community to ensure the basic tenets of the recommended general education model are articulated in the curriculum, instruction, and assessment framework/components of the approved General Education Program at Bradley University.
- Subcommittee #4 shall consist of a representative from each college appointed by their Dean, a representative from the General Education Subcommittee, and other appointees as deemed necessary. The subcommittee chair will be selected by the subcommittee, and a member of the Steering Committee will act as liaison between the subcommittee and the Steering Committee.
Comments & Questions
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the work of this subcommittee, please visit the Comments & Questions section of this website.