General Education Program (for students entering Bradley University prior to Fall 2016)
Bradley University's General Education Program is based upon the principles of “liberal education” expressed in the following fundamental assumptions:
- A liberal education provides all students with the intellectual tools necessary to explore the best that civilization has produced.
- A liberal education provides the means for all students to exercise control over their lives through thoughtful responses to their political, social, cultural, technological and natural environment.
- A liberal education emphasizes critical, historical, theoretical, scientific, and aesthetic approaches to knowledge.
- A liberal education enhances the quality of life and fosters an appreciation of learning as a foundation for continuing inquiry.
- The purpose of a liberal education is to develop students, regardless of academic major or professional aspiration, who are able to understand and participate in society as responsible human beings.
Detailed information regarding the structure, requirements, and associated policies for the current General Education Program can be found at the General Education Program website, click here.