Computer Sales FAQs
We compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding Bradley's Campus Computer Sales. If you have a question that is not on this list, you can contact Mike Behrll at (309) 677-3044.
Any current-technology system you can buy online or in a retail location will work fine at Bradley. Make sure to check out the helpdesk.bradley.edu for hardware issues with new operating systems.
You will receive an educational discount and can take advantage of special monthly promotions.
A Windows-based system is the correct choice for the majority of academic disciplines. However, some programs may recommend an Apple Macintosh or a specially configured Windows machine. Please check with the appropriate college or department for their specific recommendations.
For laptop recommendations for all majors within the Slane College of Communications and Fine Arts, click here.
- Purchase a system with at least 4.0GB of RAM and be sure to have a method of backing up your files.
- Purchase a copy of Microsoft Office (see journeyEd website for great pricing).
- Download Adobe Acrobat reader (www.adobe.com).
- Computer Sales has Anti-virus suggestions for all personally owned computers for students, faculty and staff here.
- Purchase an extended warranty if possible
- To connect to the campus wired network you must have an Ethernet card installed.
- In order for your computer to communicate on the network, it must be connected with a proper Ethernet cable. A telephone cord will not work. You can purchase an Ethernet cable from your local computer vendor or at the Bradley (Barnes & Noble) Bookstore
Wireless connectivity is available in many locations on campus, including the library.
No, we do not charge students, faculty, staff or visitors to use our network.