IEEE Student Branch
IEEE, the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers, is "the world's largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity." The organization has proven essential to global technical community and professionals, and is universally recognized for its contributions toward the development of technology, standards, and its efforts to improve global conditions.
The core purpose of Bradley University's IEEE Student Branch is to unite students studying or interested in Electrical Engineering. The club's vision is to:
- Provide a network comprised of and for Electrical Engineering students (though not exclusive)
- Work with members to assist them with personal career goals
- Collaborate on extracurricular projects as a hobby, and provide hands-on learning
- Discuss technological developments (or anything, really) based on member interest during meetings
- Connect with employers through presentations and networking events
- Communicate with the Smith Career Center and the Caterpillar College of Engineering & Technology
IEEE Membership Benefits
- Professional Networking - With other IEEE members, one can build a network revolving around profession, industry and/or projects.
- Keeping Technically Current - IEEE provides the means for one to remain informed through award winning publications and technical societies. New members receive one free magazine subscription.
- Discounts on products and services - Details can be found here.
- Continuing Education - Access to educational material allows one to acquire new skills and advance professional development.
- Humanitarian Programs - Volunteer opportunities offer a rewarding way to develop interpersonal and Electrical Engineering skills, create new professional relationships, and apply expertise to assist others.
- Professional Development - Access to numerous IEEE publications that may be vital for student research including IEEE Xplore Digital Library, The Association of Standards, IEEE Spectrum Magazine, The Institute, and published technical books and magazines.
- Student Membership Discounts - Student members at most pay $32 annually for membership, a discount over 50%, and also receive a discount after graduation.
- Career Resources - These include an IEEE email address (which looks good on a résumé), among other things.
All Bradley IEEE Student Branch members are encouraged to buy an IEEE membership. Like the Student Branch, memberships are not exclusively for Electrical Engineers or those studying Electrical Engineering. Further information can be found here.