Workshops for Experienced Online Teachers
Length: Seven-day asynchronous online workshops requiring 6 - 8 hours of work that includes reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments.
Dates: Dates vary, see below.
Instructor: Facilitated by faculty affiliated with the Online Learning Consortium (OLC), who have expertise in instructional design and technology.
Eligibility: Full-time faculty who have considerable experience in online course design and delivery, who have completed either the Online Course Design Institute (OCDI) or the Online Course Improvement Workshop (OCIW), and who want to further their online skills.
Content: Participants will complete one workshop from among the options described below. Follow the links for full workshop descriptions. The recipient may take the course on any dates available on the OLC website as long as the class is completed by December 31, 2020.
- Fundamentals: Giving Effective Feedback
- Neuro, Cognitive and Learning Sciences, Part I: Bringing Theory to Practice
- Creating Effective Assessments,
Stipend: None. The workshop registration fee is paid with grant funds.
Awards: Up to 11 grants will be awarded in the combined Exploring and Advanced levels.
Award Guidelines - Exploring and Advanced Levels
Recipients of grants for the asynchronous online workshops agree to the following:
- To fully participate in and complete the workshop for which they are applying.
- To participate in a post-workshop interview to discuss their experiences in the workshop.
- To acknowledge Bradley University in any print or electronic publications resulting wholly or in part from this award.
- To maintain employment with the University through the completion of the grant period. Resignation from the University voids this agreement.
- To submit exceptions to this agreement, for approval by the Office of Summer and Interim Sessions, at least ten days prior to the workshop start date.