SEVIS Transfer

A SEVIS transfer allows International Student Services (ISS) to transfer your SEVIS record held by Bradley University to a different U.S. institution. ISS can only transfer your SEVIS record, as we do not handle transcript or grade transfer requests. If you wish to send your transcripts to a different institution, you will need to request this through the Registrar’s Office.

In order to transfer your SEVIS record from Bradley University to another institution, you must complete the SEVIS Transfer Out Request, which will include uploading your new institution admission letter (if your new school has a transfer in form, upload it also).

Some items to consider before transferring your SEVIS record:

  • If you are currently enrolled in classes, you will need to make sure that you withdraw from your classes and academically withdrawn from the University. Please contact Student Support Services for this process.
  • If you have already graduated from Bradley and are currently on OPT, you must stop working on the same day that your SEVIS record is transferred.
  • If you are on STEM extension when you request your SEVIS transfer, you are required to complete a final self-evaluation with your employer and upload that into the request form.
  • You will need to choose a date that you want your SEVIS record released to your new school. Once ISS has processed the transfer request, your SEVIS record will automatically transfer on the date requested.
  • On the date of your transfer, Bradley University no longer has access to your SEVIS record.

Documentation Required

  • SEVIS Transfer Out Request
  • Copy of letter of admission from your new institution
  • Transfer-in form for new institution (if applicable)