The Office of Sponsored Programs is pleased to offer Bradley faculty and administrators access to the InfoEd Spin Global Suite. The SPIN database is tailored for use by researchers, scholars, and artists, and provides access to over 40,000 funding opportunities from over 10,000 funders. GENIUS permits users to establish profiles, maintain biographical and CV data, define research/scholarly interests, find collaborators, and save SPIN results. SMARTS permits users to set up alert notifications and reports on funding opportunities tailored to his/her GENIUS profile. Click here to see a fuller description of the three resources available through the InfoEd Spin Global Suite.
Anonymous (limited) access:
Anyone may access the SPIN database from a computer in Bradley’s network for anonymous use as follows:
- Go to InfoEd Global
- Click on the SPIN link in the top horizontal toolbar
Full access and Remote access:
Bradley faculty and administrators may request user permission for remote access and use of the GENIUS profile system and SMARTS alerts and reports system as follows:
- Go to InfoEd Global
- Click on the GENIUS link in the top horizontal toolbar
- Click on “Create a New Profile” from the top toolbar
- Select “Bradley University” from the drop down list under Please PICK an Institution
- Fill out the New Profile Registration Page and select your college/division. NOTE: DO NOT provide your social security number as this is not required.
- You will now be at the PROFILE SUMMARY PAGE. You do not need to complete any of these fields at this time, though you may do so for your own purposes later.
- Scroll to the bottom of the PROFILE SUMMARY PAGE and click LOG OUT.
- Your request will be sent to the Office of Sponsored Programs who will validate your profile. Once validated, you may use your username and password to log into GENIUS or SPIN from any computer, and you will have access to expanded features and functionality in SPIN, GENIUS and SMARTS.
Please click on any of the user guides below to help you get started. In addition, you may access training videos on the SPIN database by clicking on the Training Videos link located in the top right toolbar on the SPIN site.
If you have any questions or for further details, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 677-3777.
InfoEd SPIN Global is an amazing resource that Bradley University students have access to using their BU e-mail address. On the InfoEd website, students can search for various funding and internship opportunities. There are hundreds of new opportunities posted daily.
InfoEd offers several search options. The basic search allows users to search for any offers pertaining to their field of study. The keyword search will allow students to choose from many provided keywords to help narrow down their search area. The last search option is the advanced search where students can search for a particular field and then search for a specific department within that field, allowing for an extremely narrow search.
The Office of Sponsored Programs will be holding an InfoEd tutorial in Westlake Hall sometime in the next few weeks. Check back occasionally for that date and time and feel free to attend the tutorial to gain a better understanding of all the opportunities that InfoEd can offer!