Research and Sponsored Programs Accounting
The Office of Sponsored Programs works closely with Research and Sponsored Programs Accounting (RSPA) in the pre-award processes of developing, reviewing, and approving proposal budgets. RSPA holds primary responsibility for the post-award fiscal management and coordination of grant and contract agreements.
RSPA provides and holds responsibility for the following services and activities:
- The pre-award review and approval of proposal budgets
- Execution and authorized signing of approved grant proposals, contracts, and other fiscal agreements on behalf of Bradley University
- Establishing grant/contract accounts
- Monitoring and reviewing all charges to grant/contract accounts
- Ensuring compliance with both University and funding source policies, procedures, and regulations
- Preparation and submission of invoices and financial-related reports to funding agencies
- Dissemination of financial information to project leaders and investigators, as well as to their respective departments
- Managing the grants-close out process
- Coordinating audit activities for grant accounts.
Most importantly, RSPA maintains awareness of all Bradley University, federal, state, and private funding source rules, regulations, and guidelines so that Bradley, and the investigators involved in external grants and contracts, are protected from the costly repercussions that can arise from non-compliance issues. Information about specific Bradley policies and procedures that apply to external funds are provided under topic-specific links under the Policies and Procedures tab on the OSP website.
Principle investigators and other grant seekers are encouraged to contact RSPA as soon as they consider preparing a proposal for or negotiating an agreement with an external funder. Help and guidance received from RSPA can ensure that budgets are prepared correctly from the start – saving fund-seekers a great deal of time, effort, and frustration in the long run.