Controller’s Office Budget Assistance
The Office of Sponsored Programs works closely with the Controller’s Office in the pre-award processes of developing, reviewing, and approving proposal budgets. The Controller’s Office holds primary responsibility for the post-award fiscal management and coordination of grant and contract agreements.
Your primary contact in the Controller’s Office is Dennis Koch, the Associate Controller. His office provides and holds responsibility for the following services and activities:
- The pre-award review and approval of proposal budgets
- Execution and authorized signing of approved grant proposals, contracts, and other fiscal agreements on behalf of Bradley University
- Establishing grant/contract accounts
- Monitoring and reviewing all charges to grant/contract accounts
- Ensuring compliance with both University and funding source policies, procedures, and regulations
- Preparation and submission of invoices and financial-related reports to funding agencies
- Dissemination of financial information to project leaders and investigators, as well as to their respective departments
- Managing the grants-close out process
- Coordinating audit activities for grant accounts.
Most importantly, the Controller’s Office maintains awareness of all Bradley University, federal, state, and private funding source rules, regulations, and guidelines so that Bradley, and the investigators involved in external grants and contracts, are protected from the costly repercussions that can arise from non-compliance issues. Information about specific Bradley policies and procedures that apply to external funds are provided under topic-specific links under the Policies and Procedures tab on the OSP website.
Principle investigators and other grant seekers are encouraged to contact OSP as soon as they consider preparing a proposal or the Controller’s Office for negotiating an agreement with an external funder. Help and guidance received from the Controller’s Office can ensure that budgets are prepared correctly from the start – saving fund-seekers a great deal of time, effort, and frustration in the long run.
Controller for Grants/Treasury Management
Swords Hall 103
Restricted Funds Accountant
Swords Hall 103