Robert H. McKinney School of Law Bradley Law Scholar
Indiana University’s McKinney School of Law annually awards two exceptional Bradley graduates with the designation of a Bradley Law Scholar. Scholars are selected from nominations by Bradley University’s Center for Legal Studies.
The recipient of a scholarship must meet the following qualifications:
Bradley University Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a Bradley University current student or alumnus.
- Must complete the Bradley Law Scholar application; two letters of recommendation; and a resume outlining professional, volunteer, and leadership experience. All information must be submitted to the Director of CFLS by March 1 of the year in which you plan to enter law school.
- G.P.A. of 3.40 and an LSAT score of 152 recommended
IU McKinney Eligibility Requirements
- Must submit a completed law school application and supporting documents to the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law through www.LSAC.org by March 1 of the year in which you plan to enter law school. No application fee.
- Must be admitted to IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
- Must make an acceptance decision and pay the seat deposit by the date stated in the acceptance letter from IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
- Must maintain a minimum of a 2.9 G.P.A. after your first year of law school to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 G.P.A. after your first year of law school to be eligible for the Research Assistant position. Note: this is a paid position; therefore, income will be taxable.
Selection and Standards
The Center for Legal Studies makes recommendations to IU; however, IU McKinney School of Law makes the final determination of whether to offer the scholarship. The scholarship opportunity is limited to two successful applications per year.
- Tuition scholarship ranging from $10,500-$24,000 per year, depending on residency and full time or part time status.
- Designation as a program Fellow in the student’s chosen area of study. Student will have the opportunity to meet with faculty during the first semester to help determine an area of study, if needed.
- Paid employment as a Research Assistant following completion of 32 law school credit hours, should the student be interested in securing employment. Maximum of 100 hours per semester, not to exceed 400 hours by graduation.
- Guaranteed experiential learning opportunities, typically an externship, after completion of 32 law school credit hours.
Applicants: Please fill in all spaces and submit via e-mail or in hard copy to Ret’d Judge Jerelyn Maher, Director, Center for Legal Studies, Bradley Hall, Room 239, 1501 W Bradley Ave, Peoria, IL 61625. Please attach a current resume. Two letters of recommendation should be sent under separate cover. Applications for IU – McKinney - Bradley Law Scholar must be submitted with all supporting documentation by March 1 of the year intended to enter law school.