NIU Bradley Law Scholar
Northern Illinois University College of Law annually awards two exceptional Bradley graduates with the designation of a NIU Bradley Law Scholar. Scholars are selected from nominations by Bradley University’s Center for Legal Studies.
The recipient of a scholarship must meet the following qualifications:
Bradley University Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a Bradley University current student or alumnus.
- Must complete the Bradley Law Scholar application; two letters of recommendation; and a resume outlining professional, volunteer, and leadership experience. All information must be submitted to the Director of CFLS by March 17 of the year in which you plan to enter law school.
- G.P.A. of 3.00 or higher and an LSAT score of 156 or higher is recommended
NIU College of Law Eligibility Requirements
- Must submit a completed law school application and supporting documents to the NIU College of Law through www.LSAC.org by March 1 of the year in which you plan to enter law school. Identify yourself as applicant to program. Application fee will be waived.
- Acceptance and admission offer from NIU College of Law shall only occur after a review by, and at the discretion of NIU College of Law Admissions Committee.
- Must make an acceptance decision and pay the deposit by per requirements of Northern Illinois School of Law deadlines of the year that you have been admitted to begin law school. Bradley University cannot guarantee the awarded student will matriculate into the program. Upon matriculation into the program, the student will be known as a “NIU Bradley Law Scholar.”
- Must remain in good standing with NIU College of Law.
Selection and Standards
The Center for Legal Studies makes recommendations to NIU; however, NIU School of Law makes the final determination of whether to offer the scholarship. The scholarship opportunity is limited to two successful applications per year.
Student will be offered a 75% tuition waiver for each of the three years.
Applicants: Please fill in all spaces and submit via e-mail or in hard copy to Ret’d Judge Jerelyn Maher, Director, Center for Legal Studies, Bradley Hall, Room 239, 1501 W Bradley Ave, Peoria, IL 61625. Please attach a current resume. Two letters of recommendation should be sent under separate cover. Applications for NIU- Bradley Law Scholar must be submitted with all supporting documentation by March 17 of the year intended to enter law school.