The internal auditing minor, limited to Foster College of Business students, gives you a foundation in risk assessment and basic auditing principles. Courses introduce you to concepts you need to begin a career as an internal auditor. These prepare you to take the Certified Internal Auditor’s exam.
Required Courses - 13 hrs.
- ATG 201: Accounting Principles - Accounting Techniques - 1 hr.
- ATG 301: Intermediate Accounting I - 3 hrs.
- ATG 314: Cost Accounting - 3 hrs.
- ATG 383: Accounting Systems and Control - 3 hrs.
- ATG 44:7 Internal Auditing - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose one) - 3 hrs.
- ATG 485: Special Topics in Accounting - 3 hrs. (provided the course is focused on internal auditing)
- ATG 426: Fraud Examination - 3 hrs.
- ATG 430: Professional Interviewing Skills - 3 hrs.
- ATG 448: Computer Assisted Audit Techniques - 3 hrs.
- Completion of a Foster College of Business major (the minor in internal auditing is not open to accounting majors).
- Completion of ATG 157, ATG 158 and ATG 201 (college core courses) with a GPA of 2.50 or better in order to register for ATG 301.
Students must have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 based on courses completed at Bradley University. Required and elective courses for the Internal Auditing Minor must be completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 with no grades lower than a C.