The internal auditing minor, limited to Foster College of Business students, gives you a foundation in risk assessment and basic auditing principles. Courses introduce you to concepts you need to begin a career as an internal auditor. These prepare you to take the Certified Internal Auditor’s exam.
The minor requires 16 hours. At least 13 hours in courses must be unique from those used to fulfill the student’s major requirements. At least 10 of the 16 required hours must be completed at Bradley University. Students must have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 based on courses completed at Bradley University.
Completion of a Foster College of Business major (the minor in internal auditing is not open to accounting majors).
Required Courses - 13 hrs.
- Completion of ATG 157, ATG 158 and ATG 201 (college core courses) with a GPA of 2.50 or better in order to register for ATG 301.
- ATG 301: Intermediate Accounting I - 3 hrs.
- ATG 314: Cost Accounting - 3 hrs.
- ATG 383: Accounting Systems and Control - 3 hrs.
- ATG 447: Internal Auditing - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose one) - 3 hrs.
- ATG 485: Special Topics in Accounting - 3 hrs. (provided the course is focused on internal auditing)
- ATG 426: Fraud Examination - 3 hrs.
- ATG 430: Professional Interviewing Skills - 3 hrs.
- ATG 448: Computer Assisted Audit Techniques - 3 hrs.
- Required and elective courses for the Internal Auditing Minor must be completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 with no grades lower than a C.