The primary objective of the minor in internal auditing is to prepare business students for entry level and higher positions in internal auditing. As an interal auditor, you will make recommenadations on every aspect of the organization and quickly gain the experience needed to become an upper-level mananger. Students completing the minor in internal auditing will meet the academic requirements needed to sit for the Certified Internal Auditor’s (CIA) exam, the premier certification for internal auditing professionals.
Required Courses - 13 hrs.
- ATG 201 Accounting Principles - Accounting Techniques - 1 hr.
- ATG 301 Intermediate Accounting I - 3 hrs.
- ATG 314 Cost Accounting - 3 hrs.
- ATG 383 Accounting Systems and Control - 3 hrs.
- ATG 447 Internal Auditing - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose one) - 3 hrs.
- ATG 485 Special Topics in Accounting - 3 hrs. (provided the course is focused on internal auditing)
- ATG 426 Fraud Examination - 3 hrs.
- ATG 430 Professional Interviewing Skills - 3 hrs.
- ATG 448 Computer Assisted Audit Techniques - 3 hrs.
- Completion of a Foster College of Business major (the minor in internal auditing is not open to accounting majors).
- Completion of ATG 157, ATG 158 and ATG 201 (college core courses) with a GPA of 2.50 or better in order to register for ATG 301.
Students must have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 based on courses completed at Bradley University. Required and elective courses for the Internal Auditing Minor must be completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 with no grades lower than a C.