Master of Arts in Leadership - Educational Administration
The 36-hour educational administration master’s degree prepares you to be a passionate advocate for children as a school administrator.
Preparing You For Success
Through the Department of Education, Counseling, and Leadership, the master's candidate prepares to work in a variety of educational settings. The Master of Arts in Leadership - Educational Administration program is accredited by the Illinois State Board of Education. Courses enable you to practice while you learn, as each one includes hands-on experiences. During your internship, you spend 200 hours with an educator mentor who guides you through decisions you face as a leader.
Your experiences include:
- Opportunities to learn from classmates who serve public and private schools in urban, suburban and rural settings
- Hands-on learning through group projects in each class
- A two-semester internship in a school setting
- Opportunities to network with members of the Illinois Principals Association
- A final portfolio project that sharpens your job interview presentation
Making Your Mark
The degree provides new opportunities to become an advocate for education. You can advance to leadership positions such as a principal, assistant principal, special education administrator or department chair.
Graduate Program Requirements
Graduate Core - 9 hrs.
- ENC 604: Research Methodology and Applications - 3 hrs.
- ENC 605: Legal and Social Change - 3 hrs.
- ENC 606: Interpersonal Behavior and Organizational Leadership - 3 hrs.
Departmental Required Courses - 26 hrs.
- ENC 611: Instructional Leadership - 3 hrs.
- ENC 662: Community Relations - 1 hr.
- ENC 669: Special Education Law - 2 hrs.
- ENC 670: Human Resource Management - 3 hrs.
- ENC 673: Leadership Perspectives - 3 hrs.
- ENC 676: The School Principalship - 3 hrs.
- ENC 677: Educational Finance - 2 hrs.
- ENC 678: United States Public School Law - 3 hrs.
- ENC 686: Field Experiences in Administration - 6 hrs.
Suggested Electives (choose one) - 1 hr.
- ENC 550: Independent Study - 1 hr.
- ENC 681: Seminar in Educational Administration - 1 hr.
- ENC 699: Thesis - 0-6 hrs.