SPRING 2022 HOURS OF OPERATION
(January 19 - May 10)
NOTE: These hours may be subject to change due to tutor availability. Please view the live schedule on Navigate or contact the Writing Center for current availability.
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (In-Person & Virtual)
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Virtual Only)
|Tuesday||12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Virtual Only)|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (In-Person & Virtual)|
|Thursday||9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (In-Person & Virtual)
12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Virtual Only)
|Friday||9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (In-Person & Virtual)
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Virtual Only)
|Sunday||10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (In-Person and Virtual)|
Visit the university's Coronavirus Information website for all other information and updates.
Need Writing Help? We've Got You!
The Bradley Writing Center is a free resource to all Bradley students. We are located on the 3rd floor of the Library, in Rooms 311 and 312 of the Academic Success Center. We offer assistance with writing tasks for all disciplines. Some of the things we help with include:
- Essays/Research Papers/Lab Reports (Undergraduate and Graduate-Level)
- Scholarship Essays
- Creative Writing
- Technical Writing
- STEM Writing
- Group Writing Projects
- Visual Texts/Visual Presentations
We offer both live appointments and asynchronous written feedback by email. For live appointments, you can choose whether you’d like to meet with us in the Writing Center or remotely over Zoom. See below for more information about what we offer and how to receive help.
Receiving Writing Center Assistance
You can receive assistance from the Bradley Writing Center through live appointments in the Writing Center, Zoom appointments, asynchronous Assistance By Email reviews, and Quick Question Portal responses.
To Schedule an Appointment:
Students can arrange to receive help from the Writing Center in the following ways:
- Make an online appointment through Navigate (NOTE TO ONLINE GRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY: You will not be able to arrange an appointment using Navigate, but please feel free to use the alternative options below.)
- Appointment Instructions
- Use the Appointment Request Form
- Email Us: email@example.com
- Call/Text Us: 309-253-8947
Please also check out our new asynchronous services, listed below!
Assistance By Email (ABE) - NEW SERVICE
Need Writing Center help, but don’t have time for an appointment? Are you unavailable to meet during our regular operating hours? No problem!
The Writing Center is now offering asynchronous Assistance By Email (ABE). This option allows all Bradley students to submit writing assignment drafts and assignment sheets for tutor feedback without having to schedule an appointment.
ABE reviews will be typically be returned within 24-48 hours, so be sure to plan ahead. In addition, please be aware that return times may be longer during high-demand points in the semester (including midterms and finals). If your wait for feedback will be longer, we will keep you updated on when you can expect to receive your review.
To submit your writing assignment for an Assistance by Email (ABE) Review, click on the Assistance By Email (ABE) link. Once there, complete the form and upload your assignment sheet and draft for review. Submit the form, and you’re all set!
Quick Questions Portal - NEW SERVICE
Do you have a quick question about writing that may not require a full Writing Center appointment? Want to know how to format a resource in APA? Have a quick question about your thesis statement? Need to know if you’ve punctuated a sentence correctly?
We’ve got you covered with our new Quick Questions Portal! To submit your question, click on the Quick Questions Portal link and complete the online form. You will receive an emailed response to your question from one of our Writing Center Tutors, typically within 24-48 hours.
Other Important Writing Center Policies
The tutors at the Writing Center are committed to assisting as many students as possible. The following policies allow us to provide that service. These policies have also been altered to ensure safe social distancing practices. Please read through all policies before arriving for your appointment. We appreciate your understanding.
- Students must schedule appointments up to 1 hour in advance. To limit traffic in the Writing Center, no walk-ins will be permitted during the time of social distancing and COVID safety protocols.
- In accordance with Bradley's health and safety policies, as students must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth and maintain appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- No hard copy drafts will be allowed. Please bring a laptop to share your draft electronically or email your draft to the Writing Center prior to your appointment.
- Students should try to make an appointment 24 hours BEFORE their paper is due, to allow time for further revision after receiving feedback from the tutor.
- Please understand that we are tutors, not a proofreading service. We are here to help students improve their writing, not simply to correct their mistakes.
- Tutors are available for live tutoring only during the posted operating hours and won’t be able to meet, schedule appointments, or answer emails/phone calls outside these hours.
- Students may schedule one Writing Center appointment per day. All Writing Center services are free of charge to Bradley students.