Hours of Operation:
|Monday||10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
IMPORTANT NOTE: These hours may be subject to temporary change due to tutor availability and/or break periods. The Writing Center will make every effort to give students and faculty advanced notice of any changes to the hours listed above.
The Writing Center is located in the Cullom-Davis Library 311/312 as part of the Academic Success Center. We accept both appointments and walk-ins. We also offer distance appointments using Zoom. Appointments can now be scheduled online through Navigate! To make an appointment through Navigate, follow the steps below. You can also contact the Writing Center for an appointment or to ask questions by calling (309) 677-3254 or emailing email@example.com.
How to schedule an appointment:
- Login to Navigate
- Click "Get Assistance"
- Select "Writing Center"
- From the next two dropdowns, select the most relevant options to let your tutor know the reason for your appointment
- Click "Next"
- From the Location dropdown, select one of the following:
- For an in-person appointment, select Academic Success Center.
- For an online appointment using Zoom, select Virtual/Online.
Are you a fully online/distance student?
What to bring to your appointment:
- Your assignment sheet, rough draft or preliminary notes (hard copies only, please!), and any questions you have
- Your ID to check in
Important Writing Center Policies To Be Aware Of
The tutors at the Writing Center are committed to assisting as many students as possible. The following policies allow us to provide that service. We appreciate your understanding.
- Students need to walk-in or make an appointment 24 hours BEFORE their paper is due.
- Tutorial sessions are scheduled for, and limited to, 30 minutes.
- Appointments take precedence over walk-in meetings.
- To avoid disruption and distraction, we ask that cell phone use be kept to an essential minimum.
- Electronic drafts are not acceptable for review.
- Please understand that we are tutors, not editors. We are here to help students improve their writing, not simply to correct their mistakes.
- Tutors are available during these times only and won’t be able to meet, schedule appointments, or answer emails/phone calls outside scheduled hours.