Hours of Operation:
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
IMPORTANT NOTE: These hours may be subject to temporary change due to tutor availability. The Writing Center will make every effort to give students and faculty advanced notice of any changes to the hours listed above.
The Writing Center is located in the Cullom-Davis Library 311/312. Appointments can now be scheduled online through SSC Campus! Follow the instructions below. Walk-ins and Skype appointments are also welcome. Contact the Writing Center by calling (309) 677-3254 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call, email or walk-in for writing help.
- Bring assignment prompt/rubric, rough draft and questions.
- Tutors are available during these times only and won’t be able to meet, schedule appointments or answer emails/phone calls outside scheduled hours.
- No proofreading services available; instead, come in to discuss the writing process, revise drafts, ask questions, brainstorm ideas, etc.
Schedule your Writing Center appointment online.
- Login to SSC Campus
- Click "Get Assistance"
- Select "Writing Center"
- From the next two dropdowns, select the most relevant options to let your tutor know the reason for your appointment
- Click "Next"
- Select "Academic Success Center" from the location dropdown
- Clicking in the box that says "Any Staff" should give you specific tutor names. If you have no preference, you may leave this blank, then click "Next."
- Be sure to click all the way through to confirm the appointment. You will receive a confirmation email. If you did not receive this email, your appointment is not confirmed.
Note for Online/Distance Students: Please call or e-mail the Writing Center to schedule your appointments! (See below).
Writing Center Policies
The tutors at the Writing Center are committed to assisting as many students as possible. The following policies allow us to provide that service. We appreciate your understanding.
- Students need to walk-in or make an appointment 24 hours BEFORE their paper is due.
- Tutorial sessions are scheduled for, and limited to, 30 minutes.
- Appointments take precedence over walk-in meetings.
- To avoid disruption and distraction, we ask that cell phone use be kept to an essential minimum.
- Students must come to sessions prepared with a hard copy of their draft.
- They should also be prepared with their assignment sheet and specific questions on which to base tutorial sessions.
- Electronic drafts are not acceptable for review.
Please understand that we are tutors, not editors. We are here to help students improve their writing, not simply to correct their mistakes.
Attention Online/Distance Students: We’ve got you covered!
In order to schedule a remote appointment — via phone, email, or Skype — email or call the Writing Center at email@example.com or (309) 677-3254 for more information.