Writing Center Hours
|Sunday||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Monday||9:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:30 am – 1:00 pm
3:00 pm – 9:30 pm
|Friday||3:00 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Saturday||11:00 am - 2:00 pm|
The Writing Center's normal hours of operation will continue through Saturday, December 9th. We will offer a few extra hours during the remainder of final exams as follows:
|Saturday, December 9th||11:00 am – 3:00 pm|
|Monday, December 11th||11:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday, December 12th||11:00 am - 1:30 pm|
The Writing Center is located in the Cullom-Davis Library 311/312. Appointments can be made by calling (309) 677-3254 or emailing email@example.com. Walk-ins and Skype appointments are also welcome.
- Writing Center Coordinator: Dr. Amy Eggert
- Call, email or walk-in for writing help.
- Bring assignment prompt/rubric, rough draft and questions.
- Tutors are available during these times only and won’t be able to meet, schedule appointments or answer emails/phone calls outside scheduled hours.
- No proofreading services available; instead, come in to discuss the writing process, revise drafts, ask questions, brainstorm ideas, etc.
Writing Center Policies
The tutors at the Writing Center are committed to assisting as many students as possible. The following policies allow us to provide that service. We appreciate your understanding.
- Students need to walk-in or make an appointment 24 hours BEFORE their paper is due.
- Tutorial sessions are scheduled for, and limited to, 30 minutes.
- Appointments take precedence over walk-in meetings.
- To avoid disruption and distraction, we ask that cell phone use be kept to an essential minimum.
- Students must come to sessions prepared with a hard copy of their draft.
- They should also be prepared with their assignment sheet and specific questions on which to base tutorial sessions.
- Electronic drafts are not acceptable for review.
Please understand that we are tutors, not editors. We are here to help students improve their writing, not simply to correct their mistakes.
Attention Online/Distance Students: We’ve got you covered!
In order to schedule a remote appointment — via phone, email, or Skype — email or call the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 677-3254 for more information.