About our Department
Career opportunities continue to expand in this field, and Bradley’s FCS department has a high job-placement rate. You’ll choose from careers in teaching, businesses related to family and consumer sciences, social services, nutrition and dietetics, retail (fashion) merchandising, and others.
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences offers both a local and global focus, empowering graduates to respond to diverse and complex family and consumer issues. It is the department of choice for those studying the interaction of family systems, the relationship between individuals and their environment, and the global influence on well-being and the community.
In alignment with the values of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, the vision of the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences strives to prepare graduates who
- Believe in the family as a fundamental unit of society.
- Embrace diversity and value all people.
- Support life-long learning and diverse scholarship.
- Exemplify integrity and ethical behavior.
- Seek new ideas and initiatives and embrace change.
- Promote an integrative and holistic approach, aligned with the FCS body of knowledge, to support professionals who work with individuals, families, and communities.