A minor in Finance from the Foster College of Business enhances your financial decision-making skills as you pursue your chosen major. Students with finance minors understand the importance of monetary and financial factors in business functions, thereby expanding their knowledge and enriching job prospects.
Students pursuing a minor from the Foster College of Business must have at least 12 unique hours in courses different from those used to fulfill their major requirement.
Required Course - 3 hrs.
- FIN 322 Business Finance - 3 hrs.
Electives - 12 hrs. from Groups A and B
- Group A Electives (choose one)
- Q M 260 Quantitative Methods in Finance - 3 hrs.
- Q M 263 Quantitative Analysis II - 3 hrs.
- Group B Electives (choose three)
- FIN 323 International Financial Management - 3 hrs.
- FIN 325 Investment Analysis - 3 hrs.
- FIN 327 Derivative Securities - 3 hrs.
- FIN 328 Financial Institutions and Markets - 3 hrs.
- FIN 329 Commercial Bank Management - 3 hrs.
- FIN 330 Financial Services Marketing - 3 hrs.
- FIN 422 Financial Analysis - 3 hrs.
- FIN 423 Advanced Business Finance - 3 hrs.
- FIN 424 Capital Budgeting - 3 hrs.
- FIN 425 Portfolio Theory and Management - 3 hrs.