For admission to the game design and development master’s program, you need:
- An official transcript confirming an undergraduate degree with a major in game development or equivalent and in fulfillment of the Graduate School requirements; Alternatively, a major in animation, computer science or user experience without game development would be considered with additional required study.
- A minimum undergraduate last-60-hour grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for unconditional admission; Students with a GPA below that threshold may be admitted on a conditional basis.
- A portfolio of game development work that demonstrates technical, design or artistic accomplishment; Indicate which projects were collaborative efforts, as well as your role and contribution.
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of your interests, abilities and direction in game design and development (250 words)