Interactive Media Minor
The Interactive Media minor is a 21-semester-hour program consisting of courses that provide an overview of skills in Interactive Media. The minor can be applied to a variety of major programs of study. Coursework will be selected in consultation with advisor. The following courses are required for the minor:
Authoring (12 hours)
The following courses are required for the Authoring portion of the Interactive Media minor. Students within the minor are only required to take either IM 250 or IM 350 for their Theory course.
- ART 205 Typographic Design - 3 hrs.
- IM 113 Introduction to Interactive Media - 3 hrs.
- IM 285 Introduction to Video for Interactive Media - 3hrs.
- Theory (Choose one):
- IM 250 Introduction to New Media Theory ‐ 3 hrs.
- IM 350 Intellectual Property Law and New Media ‐ 3 hrs.
Electives (9 hours)
Students within the Interactive Media minor are required to take an additional 9 hours of Interactive Media courses of their choosing. At least 6 of these hours must be at the 300-level bracket.